Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Could this be something or just a cold?

(10 Posts)
Peckarollover Thu 10-Mar-05 11:51:55

DS has been poorly for a few days but seems to be getting worse.

He has all typical cold symptoms, very chesty cough, runny eyes, slightly swollen and red tongue on one side, very very flushed cheeks and spotty rash on his face and head and a fever.

?

Peckarollover Thu 10-Mar-05 11:52:08

He is 18 months and hasnt yet had his MMR

Keane Thu 10-Mar-05 11:54:27

take him to the GPs, i have no idea what it might be. A rash usually accompanies a fever

fairyfly Thu 10-Mar-05 11:55:27

im soirry i haven't a clue, can you make a doctors appointment and go straight away. My son is ill but no swollen tongue, thats the thing that sounds like it needs medical advice. Typical answer but ring nhs direct while you are waiting to go to the doctors, Good Luck hon

emmatmg Thu 10-Mar-05 11:56:27

Hmmmm, not sure pecka, ds2+3 have had LOADS of colds since xmas and been really ill with it.

I think they have had a close to real Flu as it's possible for little ones.

I'd be worried about he swollen tongue and rash tbh. Could he have tonsilitus? can you see that far down?

Ds3 has a spotty rash, doc said it's turning to ezcema.

I'd get a appointment, most for the swoolen tongue.

Peckarollover Thu 10-Mar-05 11:57:23

I have rung docs - cant get appt until 3.45

His tongue isnt too swollen - it looks almost as if he has been biting it all down one side.

Im sure it will just be viral thing - just with the spottiness I started to panic it could be measles and i would feel VERY guilty for holding off on the MMR

Peckarollover Thu 10-Mar-05 11:58:26

His tongue is obviously bothering him or it could be sore throat as he keeps sticking his tongue out and trying to put his hand down his throat

Im sick of bloody colds! It feels like he has had a chesty cough since he was born

biglips Thu 10-Mar-05 12:19:11

Peck - hope he get well soon xxxx (((hugs)))

Peckarollover Thu 10-Mar-05 12:35:25

Thanks - he is sleeping now - gives me a rest from holding him anyway!

throckenholt Thu 10-Mar-05 12:38:31

my ds twins are the same (since about Monday) minus the spots and the tongue - seems there a lot of viruses about that are going to the chest. Took them to the gp this morning and told they just have colds.

Hope he is better soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now