Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

mouth ulcers - what was name of the product that was recommended on here please?

(23 Posts)
mckenzie Thu 30-Oct-08 08:41:06

I've done a search but the results were huge!!!

Does anyone remember the name of the lotion that was great for putting on mouth ulcers please?

TIA

mckenzie Thu 30-Oct-08 15:27:38

anyone remember please?

Spidermama Thu 30-Oct-08 15:28:23

I only know of Bonjela.

stretchmarkSCREAM Thu 30-Oct-08 15:29:18

I don't know of a lotion, but dh uses a pastel called Rinstead.

HTH

kormAaaarrrggghhhchameleon Thu 30-Oct-08 15:33:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nailpolish Thu 30-Oct-08 15:36:34

i get mouth ulcers

bonjela once is BRILLIANT

you put it on once and the pain goes, never comes back and it keeps the ulcer covered til it heals itself

nailpolish Thu 30-Oct-08 15:37:16

bonjela once

mckenzie Thu 30-Oct-08 15:49:24

thanks guys

I dont think that was the one that was recommended before but who cares. I'm of to the chemist as soon as the rain stops!!

nailpolish Thu 30-Oct-08 15:54:21

i had to buy bonjela once last week - i wnet to tesco and they had it half price

hth

Housemum Thu 30-Oct-08 16:18:41

Anbesol I think

mckenzie Thu 30-Oct-08 16:32:40

bonjela once was £9!!!!! It hasn't numbed the pain completely but it does feel a bit better. I'll know more when I try to eat. The ulcer is on the side of my tongue quite near the back and it was really tricky to get the gel lotion on it.

VaginaShmergina Thu 30-Oct-08 17:48:04

Ambusol has antiseptic and anaesthetic in it, worked wonders for my DC's.

My DS recently had a horrendous mouth and we were prescribed a gel you put on and it sets and forms a protective layer, cannot remember the name of it for the life of me tho, sorry.

mckenzie Thu 30-Oct-08 17:54:53

well the Bonjela once hasn't worked unfortunately. I'm in just as much pain now as I was before. I think I need to have another search for the other cream that was mentioned. Something beginning with 'c' I think???

MatNanPlus Thu 30-Oct-08 18:01:09

IgluGel?

OralMedic?

MatNanPlus Thu 30-Oct-08 18:02:00

A Dr can Rx Corticosteriod Paste.

chocolateteapot Thu 30-Oct-08 18:05:16

Don't know what was recommended on here but we use Frador for bad ulcers.

SexOnFire Thu 30-Oct-08 18:07:06

ok, this stuff works.....I have a tube of GP prescibed ointment and on the front it says

ADCORTYL in ORABASE for MOUTH ULCERS

Triamcinolene Acetonide

Scary name but very effective. And I'm not shouting at you, just typing the label as is.

Hope you get some relief soon.

mckenzie Thu 30-Oct-08 19:16:54

thanks everyone. I think that might be the one Sexonfire. Is it only available from the GP though? I'll go back to chemist tomorrow and see if they have it or what else they can suggest. I'm guessing as teh Bonjela once didn't work it might not be an ulcer. I have a horrible sore throat on the same side and ear ache too. And even a slight tooth ache. Best put me down huh? I'm just falling apart at the seams smile

SexOnFire Thu 30-Oct-08 19:26:23

I'm not sure if it is available over the counter, which is ridiculous as it's mouth ulcer ointment not diazepam. You saying "best put me down" reminds me of the old joke which might make you smile (painfully)...

A man takes his squint eyed dog to the vet.
The vet says " I think I'll have to put him down."
"Because he's cross eyed?" asks the man.
"No, because he's heavy"

Boom boom.

Tallis Thu 30-Oct-08 19:36:20

Adcortyl is not only on prescription - available from any chemist and it's fantastic. very strange consistency, btw - reacts instantly with saliva to make a weirdo sticky paste that completely coats your ulcer and dries out your mouth but gets rid of the little blighters overnight.

mckenzie Thu 30-Oct-08 19:38:32

thanks for the laugh SOF. Much appreciated. And thanks for that helpful snippet Tallis. I'm tempted to go to Sainsbury now and hope the chemist there is still open. I'm not looking forward to another night like last night. How can something so small cause so much pain, that's what i want to know!!

Tallis Thu 30-Oct-08 20:22:19

Go to Sainsbury's now now now. Or better still, ring them up and check they have it and are open Amazing how helpful pharmacists are over the phone...

mckenzie Thu 30-Oct-08 21:55:57

I didn't go Tallis as MIL bought DS back from his day in London, DD played up going to bed and then an old friend rang. Tomorrow, first thing I shall be off to the chemist at the top of the road! I'm about to have a camomile tea in the hope that that will soothe it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now