Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Siatic nerve...spelt totally wrong!

(4 Posts)
idobelieveinghosts Thu 30-Oct-08 08:26:56

too early to search for right spelling!

I trapped mine about 6 weeks ago....i bent down and had huge pain in the right side of my back then later in the day had shooting pains coming from my buttock down might right leg..really sharp pains.

I didn't go to the doctor as always pulling my back but not like this before.

Back was completely better after 3 days (nerve popped back in?)..but still getting shooting pains down my legs....some days it is fine others are bad.

Does this mean the nerve is still trapped?? all does it take time to calm down??

Anyone with experience?

LuckyPumpkin74 Thu 30-Oct-08 18:35:51

This is impossible to answer I'm afraid.
I have been qualified as a physio for 12 years, you need to be assessed by someone, physio, osteo, chiropractor.

Nerves don't 'pop back in' as such.

I would suggest if you are still suffering in 2 weeks then get it looked at.

morningpaper Thu 30-Oct-08 18:44:30

I would go back to your GP and try MORE DRUGS

dippica Fri 31-Oct-08 11:53:18

am shamelessly hijacking this grin

I sometimes get a very sharp pain just at the top of my right bum cheek / bottom of my lower back, behind my hip somewhere. Its when I bend down. It lasts a second, then goes.

Is this my siatic nerve? DO I need to do anything? It comes and goes so quickly at the moment - is it something that will get worse?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now