Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Stabbing pains

(14 Posts)
AussieLou Wed 29-Oct-08 20:04:10

Today while walking into the shops I got this most unbelieveably painful stabbing pain in my left shoulder blade. It hurts to breathe and is more painful when I rest it. Moving my arm around doe snot hurt at all. I did nothing to injure myself. The previous month I had a frozen right shoulder. Any idea as to what I have done?
It hurts like the buggery to breathe.

CapnJadetheKnife Wed 29-Oct-08 20:05:09

I would get to the gp tomorrow first thing if you can.

Are you pregnant?

CapnJadetheKnife Wed 29-Oct-08 20:06:10

sorry should explain - the stabbing pains on their own wouldn't bother me, but the hurting to breathe and the no real explanable injury would.

PhantomOfTheChocolateCakeAvena Wed 29-Oct-08 20:08:17

I would call NHS direct for this and get seen by the out of hours.It doesn't sound muscular as you say it doesn't hurt to move it but the pain whilst breathing is a concern. Give them a call and get it checked.

AussieLou Wed 29-Oct-08 20:32:58

pregnant? hahahaha The state of my bikini line would attest to that.
I might ring NHS direct. I will see what they have to say.

PhantomOfTheChocolateCakeAvena Wed 29-Oct-08 20:33:45

smile I hope it's OK. It's better to check.

exasperatedmummy Wed 29-Oct-08 20:51:19

Do phone NHS direct, or your local out of hours - i wouldn't leave this. Saying that, it may well be muscular, or even, dare i say it, indegestion - but these things are best checked out. Do you feel sick, sweaty and out of breath at all?

AussieLou Wed 29-Oct-08 20:57:20

I was walking up the road when in started this afternoon. Hadnt eaten so not indigestion (never had indigestion so cant compare) Not radiating to my jaw, shouloders, back or chest so it not an MI. Wasnt dfoing anything strenuous apart from carrying walking up the road. It is more annoying at the moment. I rang NHS Direct and am waiting to hear back. I hope its nothing. My GP is an evil bitch and I dont want to see her.

PhantomOfTheChocolateCakeAvena Wed 29-Oct-08 21:37:24

Are you ok?

singyswife Wed 29-Oct-08 21:46:38

Did you hear back from them?? What did they say??

singyswife Thu 30-Oct-08 12:52:09

How are you today??

AussieLou Thu 30-Oct-08 18:40:20

sorry for the late reply.
I had a sleep in and took a lot of painkillers. NHS did not help all that much. Ended up ringing my mum (shes a nurse) and figured that it is more time delayed injuries related to an accident I had in June adn also the fact that I have not been doing my physio exercies. It doesnt hurt that much to breathe now which is nice. Thaniks for all the help.

Liffey Thu 30-Oct-08 18:41:50

punctured lung symptom is stabbing pain in shoulder....

AussieLou Fri 31-Oct-08 09:04:04

nah too fat for that grin
I have cracked ribs before from coughing and the doctor said it was lucky that I wasnt skinny as I would have had a puncture or two.
Feeling heaps better today. In more pain from the physio I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now