Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

worried about myleft eye

(3 Posts)
shoptilidrop Wed 29-Oct-08 12:53:33

appolgies if there are lots of spelling mistakes but i cant really see at the momement.
In aug i had a lot of itchy and swelling to my left eye and i though it was hayfever, after a few weeks it hadnt gone, my vision was furry and it really hurt to open my eye. I went to the local a&e and they said there was nothing wrong with it, but gave me some cream to help it stop itching. A month down the line and i was in agony and it was no better, i went to another a&e, who again couldnt see anything wrong, but were shocked by my lack of vision and refered my yo a specalist at the hospital the next day.
She had a look, said i had a lot of bacteria and it must hurt and gave me some eye drops. Its not really got any netter, but ive moved to a whole new area and its sort of taken a back seat. Ive just made a appt at an opticions as its really bad. I can barlty focus at all, and if i do ( like now i get all headachy and swimmy and feel a bit sick) Im not yet registered with a doc so i cant go there. Im just a bit worried...

Habbibu Wed 29-Oct-08 20:27:07

I really would go straight to your GP - you can register at the same time - if it is an infection you really do want to get it cleared up. Hope you feel better soon.

PhantomOfTheChocolateCakeAvena Wed 29-Oct-08 20:30:37

You don't have to be registered with a GP to see them, you can register as a temporary patient however, the GP may not have the equipment he needs to see into your eye to give it a thorough examination so I would phone your local hospital and see if they have a drop in eye clinic and go there. I wouldn't leave this any longer either. It must be really distressing for you.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: