Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

lost weight, but havent been dieting?

(7 Posts)
lilsmum Wed 09-Mar-05 23:58:56

title says it all really, i have lost 10lb in the last couple of weeks, but i havent been dieting (need to really though )thinking this is a little weird,what do you think?can you just lose weight for no reason?

Bearess Thu 10-Mar-05 00:00:32

have you been stressed? anything unusual, changed anything about your diet?

lilsmum Thu 10-Mar-05 00:02:21

nope nothing different at all, thats why i am thinking it is a bit weird

Bearess Thu 10-Mar-05 00:04:31

Hmmmmm, I'd give it another week or so and see if it levels out - if not I would do to the doc personally, I'm sure it's nothing sinister but I am personally a hypochondriac!

lilsmum Thu 10-Mar-05 00:06:22

thanks for the advice bearess

macwoozy Thu 10-Mar-05 16:46:24

Thats alot of weight to lose in a couple of weeks if you've not been dieting. Have you had your thyroid levels checked, an over active thyroid gland (hyperthyrodism) can contribute to weight loss. Have you been sweating more lately, feeling abit shaky? Maybe an increased appetite. These are some of the signs linked to an overactive thryroid

lilsmum Thu 10-Mar-05 18:35:39

macwoozy, i feel fine, no other symptoms at all, and definately not been dieting (although i should!!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now