Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

is alcohol ageing?

(7 Posts)
bighug Wed 09-Mar-05 23:02:14

Does that sound a silly question? I just wondered if drinking alcohol exacerbates the ageing process, really how your face and skin look I suppose. I have read that smoking ages the skin and I wondered if alcohol has the same effect. Does anyone know or have any comments. I often feel like a scraggy old hag during/after drinking! Not enough to stop me drinking though I suppose.

fairyfly Wed 09-Mar-05 23:04:04

yes yes yes yes, dehydration makes you look like crap, i have fifty more wrinkles after a session, good news is they dissapear

marthamoo Wed 09-Mar-05 23:04:13

You don't see many radiant and youthful looking winos.

Serious answer is I don't know - in moderation I wouldn't have thought so. But perhaps that's just me in denial.

sykes Wed 09-Mar-05 23:05:01

No, I'm quite old and look ten years younger. I'm pickled. It's disgustingly ageing. As bad as fags. Depends how much you drink, obviously.

suzywong Wed 09-Mar-05 23:06:15

got to be aging, just got to be

marthamoo Wed 09-Mar-05 23:09:18

Something like Baileys is probably less ageing. It's got cream in it so probably has anti-ageing free radical amino acid alpha-hydroxy-acids moisturising type properties.

sobernow Wed 09-Mar-05 23:11:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now