Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can someone who has had chickenpox be a carrier for the disease if they have been in contact with children who have active chickenpox?

(5 Posts)
babycat Tue 28-Oct-08 11:29:06

Hope someone can advise.

I need someone to babysit for my DD but they have had contact with someone who has had chicken pox. If they babysit my DD is she at risk of developing chicken pox even though the person babysitting has already had it? Can they be a carrier? Hope that makes sense hmm.

themoon666 Tue 28-Oct-08 11:30:12

The babysitter will be fine.

Niecie Tue 28-Oct-08 11:32:37

No I don't think they can be a carried - you have to have close contact with a person who has it themselves.

You should be OK so long as the babysitter has already had it and isn't incubating it themselves!

Niecie Tue 28-Oct-08 11:33:16

a carrier obviously.

babycat Tue 28-Oct-08 11:38:54

Thanks. That's what I thought. Just wanted to check as don't want DD getting it just yet as have lots on next few weeks including visiting people with compromised immune system.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now