Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is it possible to lose half of your back tooth...

(3 Posts)
BettySwollux Mon 27-Oct-08 22:36:09

And not realise at the time?
I couldnt have done it while eating, surely I would have noticed?
I sometimes grind my teeth when sleeping if I have a lot on my mind, but I only noticed this on friday night when I was dislodging some stuck food with my tongue.
It is really sharp towards the back, and has been getting more painful with time.
Have a dentist appointment tomorrow, Will they be able to save my tooth (in pretty good nick apart from this) or will they pull it?

stleger Mon 27-Oct-08 22:54:44

I have lost various bits of various teeth, but only noticed twice! It depends what bits are gone whether they can fill it or crown it - they like to keep what they can now! Good luck, and go for gold if it's a crown they are nicer!

BettySwollux Tue 28-Oct-08 21:48:13

Well it turns out I have lost half of my back molar, it already had a filling in, so have had a quick fix-up for now.
When I go back in a couple of weeks, they will take old amalgam filling out and replace it with porcelain.
Is this the best option?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now