Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Any remedies for episiotomy scar that's not healing?

(5 Posts)
London7 Mon 27-Oct-08 21:44:19

Hello mums, I gave birth 6 months ago and had just a couple of stitches. The episiotomy scar has never healed properly and I still get infections in it now. Have been to the GP a few times, tried different creams and antibiotics but to no avail. Can anybody recommend anything that's going to work? Don't mind trying alternative remedies if they are going to work! Thanks.

pointygravedogger Mon 27-Oct-08 21:52:38

poor you. Can the gp not recommend something else? I would keep going until I was satsified but I know it gets embarrassing after a while. Took a while for me to heal after dd2. Do you still take salt baths?

PortAndDemon Mon 27-Oct-08 21:53:51

I believe that oestrogen cream can help -- is that one of the things your GP has tried already?

moominsmummy Mon 27-Oct-08 21:54:45

get referred to a gynaecologist - they can do a fentons procedure to sort it or may just be able to remove the problematic scar tissue with some silver nitrate (worked for me - totally painless took about 2 mins)

MrsTittleMouse Mon 27-Oct-08 21:55:15

Keep going to the GP! I had to fight to get referred to a gynae who finally helped me. Are you breastfeeding? I was prescribed oestrogen cream for my vagina, as breastfeeding will reduce the level of hormones.

I hope you can get this sorted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now