Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

WTF have I done now?!

(18 Posts)
ElfOnTheTopShelf Mon 27-Oct-08 18:37:42

Argh, feel like I am always posting in this section over the past year or so!

Is it possible to pull something without knowing and it all of a sudden be painful? I have a wicked pain in my armpit and chest (front and back on one side) and it hurt to put my coat on this afternoon.

Any ideas? Have I just pulled myself (given the most strenous thing I did today was eat my sandwich, I'm not sure how grin) and whats the best thing for muscular pain?

ElfOnTheTopShelf Mon 27-Oct-08 18:48:11

It really hurts when I lift my arm.
anybody??

PortAndDemon Mon 27-Oct-08 18:49:33

Yes, it's possible -- know someone who strained back muscles picking up piece of paper so eating a sandwich is positively energetic by comparison.

PhantomOfTheChocolateCakeAvena Mon 27-Oct-08 18:49:38

If it hurts when you move it it's more likely to be muscular (pulled muscle). Ibuprofen's your best bet.

ElfOnTheTopShelf Mon 27-Oct-08 18:53:58

it aches a little just resting but mostly when I move, now my chest, armpit and neck.
Argh.

PhantomOfTheChocolateCakeAvena Mon 27-Oct-08 19:12:50

Any sweating? Pulsating pain? Does it feel like it's crushing?

ElfOnTheTopShelf Mon 27-Oct-08 19:20:50

no, just pain. no sweating or shortness of breath.
am sitting like Quasimodo as it relives the pain a little.

PhantomOfTheChocolateCakeAvena Mon 27-Oct-08 19:26:44

It sounds like you have pulled you pectoiralis major (sp?), it's the muscle that goes under your breast. A warm water bottle should help along with some ibuprofen. It sounds really painful. Do remember to call NHS direct if you are worried or if it gets worse.

asicsgirl Mon 27-Oct-08 19:29:11

osteopath?

Cranberry Mon 27-Oct-08 19:35:30

I've pulled my peck muscle(not really sure what you call it), the one that goes across your boob and under your armpit before

ElfOnTheTopShelf Mon 27-Oct-08 19:35:59

Its just a bit painful. more so in the neck now than in the chest which is where it was hurting earlier, but I suspect that is the way I am sitting!

PhantomOfTheChocolateCakeAvena Mon 27-Oct-08 19:37:24

sad Have you tried a warm bath/hot water bottle? Deep heat's good aswell.

ElfOnTheTopShelf Mon 27-Oct-08 19:43:39

I've had a tense neck for a while, I made my mum give me a massage the other day as my neck was really painful; and her hands are not as painful as my DH's who hurts me when he massages my neck! But this is on the other side.
Never mind.
Have some vouchers for a spa, maybe its a sign to use them!!

PhantomOfTheChocolateCakeAvena Mon 27-Oct-08 19:44:27

Osteopath first wink, they will be alot better.

ElfOnTheTopShelf Mon 27-Oct-08 19:51:52

I feel like i need an mot or service!

PhantomOfTheChocolateCakeAvena Mon 27-Oct-08 19:59:04

smile A check up is a fab idea.

ElfOnTheTopShelf Mon 27-Oct-08 20:02:09

thank you for the replies.
will go back to the docs. I feel like part of the wall paper there now as I am there so often recently. been in hospital twice in the last 10 months!

PhantomOfTheChocolateCakeAvena Mon 27-Oct-08 20:02:50

sad It'll get better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now