Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

miserable

(9 Posts)
sarah876 Mon 27-Oct-08 09:38:18

Had my tonsils out friday and now im in agony.Having to look after noisey kids and no voice to tell them off. Sometimes when times are like this it really makes you feel like your kids couldnt give a monkey. Top it all having a period and waiting on colposcopy results as i had to have biopsies down.its put me on a right downer.sad

cocoleBOO Mon 27-Oct-08 09:39:56

Oh poor you, I'm going today for the info on getting my tonsils out. Is it really horrible?

gokwancarr Mon 27-Oct-08 09:42:44

bless you!! have you taken all the pain relief you can? i know it's difficult to swallow, but gargling with soluble paracetamol will help with your throat. warm drinks help a bit too. sorry to hear about your colposcopy, i had one years ago, painful i know. hope everything will be ok.
possibly today is a good day to bribe kids to be quiet with whatever works best like sweets dvd etc big hug xxx

sarah876 Mon 27-Oct-08 09:44:35

I would say that my experience in the hospital was okay. Even the following day wasnt to bad but now its just getting me down....you get tired real easy and talking becomes hard to do ...in fact harder as the days go on. my throat is just covered in white bacteria stuff and i have ear ache and very sore tongue. soup is about the only thing i can eat without having great pain after. I expect that it will be worth it in the long run but it does make you feel terribly down.

sarah876 Mon 27-Oct-08 09:46:44

Thankyou gokwancarr, taking all the medication i can , shame they dont send you home with morphine like what they give you in the hospital.

cocoleBOO Mon 27-Oct-08 09:46:52

Yikes! The leaflet I had said to try to eat as normal as possible as this will stop infections and to take your painkillers half an hour before eating.

Are your children young? Mine will both be at school when I get out.
Sorry you feel rough sad.

sarah876 Mon 27-Oct-08 09:54:04

you can still eat normal food but it is a challenge and it will hurt after. my doctor said that he wasnt to bothered about the eating thing as it hasnt proven to be that beneifcial. i was craving to chew food yesterday so had some stewed steak and chips...i didnt finish it and ended up crying but everyone is different. i have a 4/9/12 yr old at home because it is half term plus partners daughter who lives here and her b/friend staying over which has made the younger ones exciable. 12 yr possible adhd, so hard work.

sarah876 Mon 27-Oct-08 09:54:45

some painkillers you have to take after eating

cocoleBOO Mon 27-Oct-08 20:44:31

I had my pre op assessment this afternoon, and the Dr said your throat should be white (well not just yours) if it goes green or yellow it's infected. Also to drink Coke as it's the best for cleaning a throat and chewy sweets as the action helps to heal the area.

Hope you're feeling a bit better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now