Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

dd just bumped her head, advice needed????

(12 Posts)
Carameli Wed 09-Mar-05 11:52:50

About half and hour ago dd(17mths)ran towards the sofa but landed flat on the floor quite hard(wooden floors)She bumped the front of her head and cried for a while and has a big red bump there now. She seems fine and was chattering away as usual and has now gone down for her nap. She's just had lunch so being sleepy around this time is quite usual for her.
But me being me I am worried I am doing the wrong thing letting her have her nap. But if I don't she will just be really grouchy.

has anyone got any ideas? I am searching for signs to look out for now on the web. I know one was vomiting, which she hasn't had.

TracyK Wed 09-Mar-05 11:54:05

vomiting, dilated pupils, disorientation, dizzieness.
Let her nap - just keep an eye on her.

Snugs Wed 09-Mar-05 11:59:34

Very helpful NHS interactive flowchart you can use here.

Socci Wed 09-Mar-05 12:00:32

Message withdrawn

Socci Wed 09-Mar-05 12:01:01

Message withdrawn

Carameli Wed 09-Mar-05 12:02:16

thanks guys, she seems fine at the moment, I just get so scared when I see huge bruises appearing

Snugs Wed 09-Mar-05 12:06:20

Better she get an immediate visible bruise or bump - means any swelling caused by slight trauma is external rather than internal.

Carameli Wed 09-Mar-05 16:08:15

thanks for your advice here. She is fine, running around as usual. Just been out for a walk and she ran up to a bench in the park and bashed her mouth. So have also been dealing with a mouthful of blood this afternoon, bothered me more than her. She just decided to keep on going. I was in a panic but my mum said to let her keep walking if she wanted to and she's fine again.

What a day I am having today!!

Socci Wed 09-Mar-05 16:10:33

Message withdrawn

Carameli Wed 09-Mar-05 16:19:27

yes, I really feel sorry for her today, but she does not seem bothered at all. WAs happy as long as she got to walk and not be pushed in the buggy:-) It always amazes me how they bounce back....

dabihp Wed 09-Mar-05 16:46:11

Miracle CURE!!!

next time this happens, cut an onion in half and rub it on the bumb (try to get some onion juices on it)

You will be amazed! no bump or bruises!!

Onion contains anti coaligent(sp), its amazing, try it!

(as long as skin is NOT broken)

Socci Wed 09-Mar-05 16:49:08

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now