Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Foreskin issues

(4 Posts)
jakesmum05 Fri 24-Oct-08 11:42:39

I'm so sorry, i do realise that this has been discussed before and i have read them etc and gleaned some very helpful advice.

However, my 3.5 yo has quite a long foreskin and it is tight. I have tried at bath time to pull it back, but just don't know how much pressure to apply. He doesn't complain that i'm hurting him when i do it so should i try harder. It is always quite red and he sometimes wees in 2 jets recently, if you know what mean. He never complains that it's hurting him and it's not been infected.

Also i dread the day i have to seek medical advise because he wouldn't let the doctor listen to his chest when he had a cough a while ago, he certainly won't let him see his willy!

Any practical advise would be great.

Thanks so much

MorticiaAnnSpookington Fri 24-Oct-08 11:45:36

Don't whatever you do try to force it back,my doc said this when I took ds last year..he has quite a tight foreskin but no huge probs,it will apparently loosen itself...ds is very nervous in doctors or dentists and hates being examined but he was surprisingly ok (mind you is a lot older than your ds) - I should go,just for reassurance.

LoolaBoys Fri 24-Oct-08 11:46:24

I don't know much about foreskins other than my GP told me they usually don't pull back until the age of 5, so I think you have time to let things happen anturally before you need to worry.
HTH

jakesmum05 Fri 24-Oct-08 19:46:34

thank you very much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now