Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sore Tongue & Lips

(3 Posts)
elliemac Thu 23-Oct-08 21:41:08

Can anyone offer some advice. Got a really sore tongue at the moment. Haven't burned it with tea or anything like that. Had it for a couple of days now. Also getting a wierd tingly sensation on my bottom lip and if i open my mouth wide it feels like i've got paper cuts in the corner of my mouth. The only thing i can think of is that i've started taking a steroid inhaler twice a day - could it be that? I'm also 24 weeks pregnant so maybe its just one of those things we have to put up with. Its really uncomfy to eat and drink so any help would be great - cheers!!!

exasperatedmummy Thu 23-Oct-08 21:55:42

I THINK, note the capitals, that this is a vitamin B deficiency. Or is it vitamin K? Sorry, i just remember my MIL having something similar and it turned out to be a vit deficiency. Might be a reaction to the steriod inhaler though. I would check with your doc

expresso Fri 24-Oct-08 13:24:05

I am not a doc, but as a fellow steroid inhale user (asthma) I can 99% say this is from your inhaler. Perhaps this could be the early stages of oral thrush, side effect from these pumps. Make sure you rinse your mouth properly after taking the steroid. If symptoms continue see doc and they may prerscribe anti fungals.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now