Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Fed up, now entering my 5th week of poorlyness

(10 Posts)
KatyMac Thu 23-Oct-08 21:35:01

I had a cold
Then A-B's for a chest infection
Then heart burn because of the chest infection
Then another set of A-B's for the chest infection
Then I got diarrhoea as a result of the 2nd set of A-B's
Then the GP said I could take a few weeks to recover oh & I have a cold
& now the A-B's (2nd set presumably) have given me thrush

I am fed up

KatyMac Fri 24-Oct-08 12:25:22

& nobody cares sad

<<self indulgent misery>>

mamalovesmambo Fri 24-Oct-08 12:29:29

aaaaw Katy Mac - I care, because I have had EXACTLY the same! Problem was though, I got the sack for having 3 days off out of 5 weeks of being ill - wankers. Now I am not working, I am miraculously feeling a hell of a lot better. Poor you - keep warm and snuggly and get someone to give you hugs.

VinegArghhhWasStabbedInTheTits Fri 24-Oct-08 12:33:01

Lots of symphay to you, have been ill myself this week, but 5 weeks of it! poor you, hope you get well soon

mamalovesmambo shock i cant believe you got the sack, surely thats illegal? can you take them to tribunal?

muggglewump Fri 24-Oct-08 12:35:15

I'm on my 2nd week of it now. Second trip to the doctors, second set of antibiotics, steroids and thrush treatment and I'm scared of losing my job too.
They did not look impressed when I went in this morning with the doctors note. One girl was nice, the rest were either gruff or blanked me.

I'll moan with you if you like, I'm feeling very sorry for myself.

mamalovesmambo Fri 24-Oct-08 12:43:39

that's not the worst of it, I was in probation period, and they accused me of being unreliable as I had half day off with DD as she had V&D!! Think it was a ploy to get rid of me as they didn't want to pay agency fees.

mamalovesmambo Fri 24-Oct-08 12:46:34

The thing is they were saying how brilliant I was, hard working etc, all up to the week my review was due. I was accused of being aggresive when I was just standing up for myself, there was no talking to these people. There were 3 of them in the room and little old me. They said it was a no smoking company hmm when they have a smoking shelter and about 10 people under it at the time. Tossers of the higest order. I went in dying, they just ignored me, then I waited till I sent home, but they deducted my money!!

VinegArghhhWasStabbedInTheTits Fri 24-Oct-08 13:49:39

Thats disgraceful mambo, they shouldnt be allowed to get away with it

KatyMac Sat 25-Oct-08 16:11:42

I just slept for early 4 hours

dilemma456 Sun 26-Oct-08 09:00:28

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: