Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Moods and viruses

(2 Posts)
AphroditeInHerNightie Thu 23-Oct-08 13:23:56

Hi all,
Forgive me, but I need a self indulgent whinge.
Over the last three or four weeks I've had some terrible episodes of bad moods, irritability, depression, exhaustion and downright lowness.
Thought it might've been the PMDD I suffer but period has come and gone with no change.
There's no unusual stress or reason in my life for this.
Looking back, the whole family have suffered cold after cold after cold - DH has one right now, DD has a permanently streaming nose and I don't feel 'right' - thick head, buzzy ears, coated mouth, stiff neck and achey muscles....
Am just wondering if these moods are directly related to the viruses doing the rounds in our house.
I'm getting really fed up and feel terrible as the kids and DH seem to constantly cop my snappiness and shortness of patience.
Rant over - any opinions, experience?

DocBunches Thu 23-Oct-08 17:07:48

Hi,

Not sure if I can help but just wanted to sympathise really. I've been feeling similar for the last week or so; mainly bad headaches, horrible taste in mouth and the feeling of something stuck in my throat giving me a tickly, 'choking' kind of cough.

Not sure what PMDD is, but I suffer with fairly severe PMS and always feeling unwell around the time of my periods. I think I may be a bit peri-menopausal?

As your symptoms have been ongoing for a few weeks, it might be worth a visit to the doctor - I've resigned myself to going next week if I don't feel any better.

So really this message was to say - I kind of know how you feel and hope you get to the bottom of it and feel better soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now