Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Embarrasing, TMI etc etc...tampons

(21 Posts)
MrsSnape Tue 21-Oct-08 20:49:27

was going to name change but realised people might assume I'm a troll so I'll suffer the ... blush

Does anyone else 'ache' down there when using tampons? I mean around the muscles/bone etc? This is starting to happen everytime I use them, it's really uncomfortable and never used to happen.

bundle Tue 21-Oct-08 20:51:38

I sometimes have a slight "dragging" pain at the start of my period but this has lessened since I've been using a mooncup, don't know if this is connected.

scaryfucker Tue 21-Oct-08 20:51:39

do you not mean the period pain, nothing to do with the tampon?

as I am getting older, my period pains are worsening and I get pains like it is "all coming out" and aches deep inside my pelvis, thighs and back

I never used to get this

scaryfucker Tue 21-Oct-08 20:52:25

btw, there is nothing embarassing about period pain, it hurts!

idobelieveinghosts Tue 21-Oct-08 20:53:06

yes, it happens to me....its kinda like awhen you have had too much sex ache??(like from when you first meet type thing wink)

..also noticed it more when there hasn't been much of a flow blush

exasperatedmummy Tue 21-Oct-08 21:08:53

Mrs Snape - forgive me, i was actually wondering from your other post today if you had PMT! Not that i am trivialising, but just the language you used, sounded like me on a pmt day I used to get this when i had my periods, although i haven't used tampons for ages as they were just too bloody painful and uncomfortable, just the sort of pain you describe.

lol at too much sex ache! (i wish!)

i don't have periods now (marena bastard coil), but my period pains can be really horrible, in my back, down my legs - nasty.

MrsSnape Tue 21-Oct-08 21:18:51

Exasperatedmummy...which post do you mean? I permanantly have PMT! grin lol

Scaryfucker, I do get those pains too but this is different, more like bruised bones feeling IYSWIM?

idobelieveinghosts Tue 21-Oct-08 21:20:31

I know what you mean mrssnape...def not period pain...it must be just tampon ache.

bundle Tue 21-Oct-08 21:20:49

classic prostaglandin pains

AreYouCallingMeDarling Tue 21-Oct-08 21:22:18

get a mooncup

exasperatedmummy Tue 21-Oct-08 21:25:52

I posted on it, just now.

Mooncups - i saw one of those in boots - WTF hmm<<shudder>>.

CatMandu Tue 21-Oct-08 21:26:47

I think I know what you mean, I get an ache that's not period pains and I think it's because I use super mega whopper sized tampons. I have very very heavy first couple of days and really have little choice (have tried a mooncup). Mine feels a bit like constipation - sorry if TMI

scaryfucker Tue 21-Oct-08 21:31:16

for the 1st couple of days of a period I also have loose bowels

I am sure its connected

was that tmi ? lol

ceciliaaherne Tue 21-Oct-08 21:43:41

Since 3d dc I have had the exact same. I get sore legs/back and feel achy/fluey or about to start a urinary infection for a few days before my period. i never used to get anything like this. Also, while on the subject of TMI, does anyone else have this..........I am very heavy for first 2- 3 days, on about day 5 it stops completely for a day or so and then I have another 5 or so days of light blood/ brown stained discharge. I went on the pill for a while to sort it out and I just got it in reverse.

nappyzonehasastroppytoddler Tue 21-Oct-08 21:46:07

I use dto get this at beginning when very heavy - i converted to mooncup about 5 months ago and have not experienced it since - once you get over the wtf they are cool! ok well maybe not cool but impressive!

MrsSnape Tue 21-Oct-08 21:46:12

lol scaryf! I wish I could get that, I'm constipated permanantly blush

Cecil, I also get the brown stuff and it's only started coming on since I stopped taking the pill.

catmandu, I use the super ones too, the other ones are no good.

exasperatedmummy Wed 22-Oct-08 17:17:23

Mrs Snape, how is your pelvic floor? constipation is very common around the time of your periods, i am going to go right down the road of TMI now, so look away if easily offended.

Apparently, if you are constipated, you can help yourself to go by sitting up straight on the toilet, with your feet on a couple of toilet rolls and lean forward. This apparently creates the most favourable rectal angle blush. It does work blushblush, along with lots of fibre.

Sometimes a weekened pelvic floor can add to constipation problems too - so its back to those pull up and sqeeze exercises.

As for moon cups, you ain;t ever gonna persuade me, they look like implements of toture!

The brown stuff, is just blood that has sat around, mixed with mucus and is very common post period.

Hmmmm, i hope no one is reading this jsut before tea

ceciliaaherne Wed 22-Oct-08 23:27:11

You know a LOT, exasperatedmummy grin

exasperatedmummy Thu 23-Oct-08 09:36:25

bitter experience cecilia blush

uberalice Thu 23-Oct-08 09:42:54

exasperatedmummy, I read that as "weekend pelvic floor" got me very confused. grin

MmeTussaudsChmberOfChocHobnobs Thu 23-Oct-08 09:43:02

I used to have problems with tampons too, has got much better since I bought a mooncup. I was very hmm about them too but I would never go back to tampons now. I have much less of the kind of pain you describe MrsS.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: