Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Should I say something?!?!

(6 Posts)
ChezzaB Tue 21-Oct-08 15:47:55

My sister has an 8wo and has been using a door bouncer for about 2 weeks now! The age to begin using these as per the one i have is 4 months or when the child can support their own head, DN's head doesn't wobble and can hold it steady for a while but does this mean that she can use one of these? I don't want to say anything and worry my sister unnecessarily or sound like I'm preaching but if using this could cause any harm to DN then obviously I guess i should say something! Can someone help please!!! Also is there any harm in letting a baby sleep in their car seat all the time?

SongbirdScreamsInTheDeadOfNite Tue 21-Oct-08 15:49:10

Both things are bad I think. Is there a label on the bouncer with an age limit on? Then you could casually say 'oh look it says here...'

hanaflower Tue 21-Oct-08 15:49:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Skramble Tue 21-Oct-08 15:49:55

8wk old I don't think should be in bouncer I think for much older babies that can sit up on their own about 6mth, but don't like them much anyway.

As for car seat fine for a nap when they have fallen asleep in the car but best to let them lie flat and stretch out in a totaly flat pram or cot.

Skramble Tue 21-Oct-08 15:51:43

Yep baby bouncer like this is good for a girny babby that likes a shoogle. Again not for sleeping in.

ChezzaB Tue 21-Oct-08 16:01:06

Thanks guys, I thought this was the case and will try and speak to my sister without upsetting her! They do have a bouncy chair thing but it is as if they are trying to push DN to do stuff she may not be ready to do! My DS was quite advanced and sat early etc and I'm just wandering if the sibling rivalry is creeping in which I'm not sure I like cos babies surely just do things as and when they are ready to do them!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now