Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is constant cough a sign of an allergy?

(2 Posts)
kbaby Mon 07-Mar-05 21:32:15

I had a chest infection in August and ever since I have had a irritating cough. The gp said the infection has cleared and that its just a cough. However its peeing me off. Also I keep getting coughing fits where I cant breath in deep enough to cough and clear my chest, my chest gets wheezy and I cant stop coughing. So far its happened when ive been around a dog, drunk red wine, drunk cider and blackcurrant and eaten prawn crackers. I dont know if this is linked or not. I dont know whether to go back down GP and tell him its more than a cough or if it is a allergy then ill put up with it. I just though allergies were where your nose run and sneezed etc not coughed.

Surfermum Mon 07-Mar-05 21:38:09

It could be asthma. My ashtma started after a cold. I realised that everytime I laughed a lot I ended up coughing. It then started happening when I exercised too. I don't get particularly wheezy, just get the cough. It's a really irritating one, very involuntary and not like a cough where you clear your throat. My asthma hasn't worsened and I have months of not needing an inhaler. When I do have it though, deep breathing does bring on the cough.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now