Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

So, you know when you just dont feel "right" but its been a long time since you felt right, and so you're not sure what being right feels like?

(6 Posts)
ElfOnTheTopShelf Mon 20-Oct-08 20:57:10

IYSWIM grin

Bit of history:

At Christmas last year I was taken into hospital, the doctors initially thought it was a stroke but they decided it was hemiplegic migraines.

One of the consequences was that I was not allowed to take the combined pill anymore.
I went onto the mini pill (Cezarette) in Jan.

Since Jan, I have found that I have been quite sluggish, achey, run down etc etc. I went to the doctor and they said it was probably a consequence of what happened in December (sort of like post viral infection)

In general, I feel down, fed up, wound up and not quite myself. I have also put on (a lot) of weight, my eating habits have not changed, nor has my weight changed as I have reduced food / increase exercise.

My hair is lanky and greasy, despite changing shampoo etc, my skin was awful (never been great) and under my eyes are black.

I've cut back on work hours, I've reduced study etc etc, but I still feel run down. A while after seeing the doc I started to look a little better, but I've got the black eyes again. I've got aches in my arms, armpits and neck.

If I go to the doc, are they going to just say I am run down? Is it in anyway possible related to the pill? If it is related to the pill, should I try another mini pill? What the blimming heck can it be other than the pill?

PeaMcLean Mon 20-Oct-08 21:07:56

No idea what is wrong with you but I do know what you mean by not feeling right for ages and then you forget what right is. It wears you down so be aware of depression as a possibility.

Deffo go back to the doctors. Check for glandular fever? They can do blood tests which rule various things out.

Poor you. It's a horrible feeling I know.

ElfOnTheTopShelf Mon 20-Oct-08 21:13:08

I did got to the docs a while ago and they did some blood tests (several!) and said that my blood levels were perfect, even higher than average in some cases (such as iron).

The right side of my neck feels constantly knotted.

I do worry that I am sitting on the verge of becomming depressed. Since Dec last year it seems to have been one thing after another, two bouts of sinusitus and being taken into hospital with suspected appendicitis.

But the weight / the black eyes / the aches - they're just getting me down.

PeaMcLean Mon 20-Oct-08 21:18:04

it's so frustrating isn't it. do you have periods where you feel ok or is it constant?

hellymelly Mon 20-Oct-08 21:22:57

Weight and aches sound like classic underactive thyroid,but of course could be a multitude of other things-get your thyroid levels checked,you need a complete profile to be clear.or you can take your temp on waking,before getting out of bed or eating/drinking anything.If it is below 36 then that suggests thyroid is not working.

ElfOnTheTopShelf Mon 20-Oct-08 21:50:36

I do have the odd week of feeling well, but when I feel unwell I feel really bad iyswim.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now