Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Off to doctors soon,please answer a quick question before I go

(8 Posts)
ash6605 Mon 20-Oct-08 15:58:24

Ds,9 had an accident at school at the end of last term where he bupmed his head and split it open,requiring stitches.he also bruised the eye socket/cheek bone.said bruising is still there,3 months later he looks like he has a permanant black eye which i'm sure should have subsided by now.
He has an appt in half an hour anyway as I think he may have tonsilitis,am I right to ask doctor to refer him for an xray for his eye?

ilovetochat Mon 20-Oct-08 15:59:50

yes i would for peace of mind.

JamesAndTheGiantBanana Mon 20-Oct-08 16:01:48

Yeah, 3 months seems a very long time for you to still see bruising.

ash6605 Mon 20-Oct-08 16:06:19

yes I thought so too,and now people keep commenting on it asking who has blacked his eye which is upsetting him.thanks,good to know I'm not just being a paranoid mum!

cheshirekitty Mon 20-Oct-08 20:20:51

What did the doc say about ds eye?

ash6605 Tue 21-Oct-08 09:07:50

thanks for asking cheshirekitty,basically he made me feel neurotic he said that it can take months for the pigment to return to a bruised area and that in time it would be fine.If it's no better in a month I will ask for a second opinion.

nightcat Tue 21-Oct-08 20:29:04

get some homeopatic arnica 30c pillules or arnica cream - won't hurt but could help

ash6605 Tue 21-Oct-08 21:22:42

Yeah someone mentioned Arnica today,will give it a shot thanks.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: