Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Off to doctors soon,please answer a quick question before I go

(8 Posts)
ash6605 Mon 20-Oct-08 15:58:24

Ds,9 had an accident at school at the end of last term where he bupmed his head and split it open,requiring stitches.he also bruised the eye socket/cheek bone.said bruising is still there,3 months later he looks like he has a permanant black eye which i'm sure should have subsided by now.
He has an appt in half an hour anyway as I think he may have tonsilitis,am I right to ask doctor to refer him for an xray for his eye?

ilovetochat Mon 20-Oct-08 15:59:50

yes i would for peace of mind.

Yeah, 3 months seems a very long time for you to still see bruising.

ash6605 Mon 20-Oct-08 16:06:19

yes I thought so too,and now people keep commenting on it asking who has blacked his eye which is upsetting him.thanks,good to know I'm not just being a paranoid mum!

cheshirekitty Mon 20-Oct-08 20:20:51

What did the doc say about ds eye?

ash6605 Tue 21-Oct-08 09:07:50

thanks for asking cheshirekitty,basically he made me feel neurotic he said that it can take months for the pigment to return to a bruised area and that in time it would be fine.If it's no better in a month I will ask for a second opinion.

nightcat Tue 21-Oct-08 20:29:04

get some homeopatic arnica 30c pillules or arnica cream - won't hurt but could help

ash6605 Tue 21-Oct-08 21:22:42

Yeah someone mentioned Arnica today,will give it a shot thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now