Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

diarrhoea and general aching all over

(12 Posts)
bandgeek Mon 20-Oct-08 15:29:58

This may a stupid question but can having diarrhoea cause pains all over?

I've had a bit of a dodgy stomach for the past couple of days and my back, shoulders and legs are incredibly achey. I'm not sure if it's all connected or if I have just been lying in an akward position on bed [blush)

Apologies for crappy spelling as well, I don't have access to spell check at the moment!!

PhantomOfTheChocolateCake Mon 20-Oct-08 15:31:56

It shouldn't cause pains all over. Lying in bed in an awkward position normally causes stifness and pain in one or two areas. Maybe you need to see your GP? They like talking about poo by the way. It'll brighten up their day. smile

bundle Mon 20-Oct-08 15:33:03

dd1 had this last week - v sore tummy lots of diarrhoea, bad headache and aches and pains all over, pretty sure it was a nasty virus. took over a week to clear properly. make sure you have lots of fluids and get GP to check you over in case it's something else.

LackaDAISYcal Mon 20-Oct-08 15:33:22

I have a D bug as well and have pains every bloody where, shoulders, legs, neck, infact most joints. Am 37.5 weeks pg as well, so feeling really bad sad

there is a pretty nasty big doing the rounds at the minute. We've all had it here.

<sends empathetic vibes for swift recovery>

bundle Mon 20-Oct-08 15:35:16

oh lackadaisycal, you poor thing! x

TheProvincialLady Mon 20-Oct-08 15:37:23

If you have a temperature you can feel like this with the aches. If I get a vomit virus or D then I always get a temperature as soon as the main symptoms stop. Have you checked your temperature?

bandgeek Mon 20-Oct-08 15:38:24

Ah, thanks for the quick replies. I'm guessing it must be a bug then, though God knows where I've picked it up from!. I might phone the GP if it lasts any longer as I'm supposed to be going away at the weekend and don;t know if I could bare a 8 hour bus journey with the runs!

Hope you feel better soon too LackaDAISYcal

bundle Mon 20-Oct-08 15:39:38

bandgeek, you could take Imodium (avail OTC) if you want to -ahem- keep it in for the journey but tbh it's better off out than in

bandgeek Mon 20-Oct-08 15:39:51

Think my temp is ok, I haven't checked it but I don't feel 'hot'. I could bearly lift DS and DD this morning as my back was so sore, but it seems to have eased of a little bit now

bandgeek Mon 20-Oct-08 15:41:04

I'm just going to hope and pray I'm over it by Friday wink

I bet the rest of the bus will be as well grin

I had this over the weekend, wasn't sure whether it was 'the' bug doing the rounds as I'd bought a bottle of Archers at the local off-licence Friday evening and realised after drinking half a glass of it , that it didn't smell or taste right.

Started with diarrhoea, swiftly followed by really violent vomiting for a few hours. Then by Saturday afternoon had a terribly high temperature and ached all over, as you've described. Especially right at the bottom of my back, all the way up my spine.

Felt slightly better yesterday, D+V had stopped early Saturday afternoon, but haven't been able eat a 'proper' meal yet.My 'roast' yesterday consisted of 1 roast potato, a minute slice of beef and some roasted carrots.

Just touching wood at the moment, that DC and Dp doesn't show signs of it at the moment.

Hope you feel better soon.

LackaDAISYcal Mon 20-Oct-08 18:37:02

lots of rest and lots of fluids and hopefully you'll be over it by Friday. DH had one day of it; I'm on day 2 and still feel rubbish. DS has been since last Wednesday and DD for about four days, although she has a throat infection on top of it as well.

you can take immodium if you need to for your bus journey.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now