Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I got new specs on Saturday and I cant see out of them properly

(5 Posts)
ShosheTheGhoshe Mon 20-Oct-08 14:28:51

I got new specs from Vision Express, they are varifocals, (which I have been wearing for the last 4 years).

The prescription on my long sight had stayed the same, but gone up two points on my short.

When I look through the lenses, I cant 'see' where I should look through them IYKWIM.

It is if the short sight bit come up the lens to much and is blurry!

Is this normal, they are a smaller frame than my last ones, so the lens is obviously smaller.

soremummy Mon 20-Oct-08 14:33:42

They are

a: not adjusted properly and you're looking through wrong part of lens

b: too shallow a frame and this can also cause problems

c: might not have been checked and aren't right rx for you

d: mistake when testing results are written

Suggest you go back and get them checked hth.

chocolatemummy Mon 20-Oct-08 14:35:19

I have had this problem with the last couple of pairs I bought.
I have real concerns about alot of these highstreet 'opticians' because I am not sure they really know what they are doing/are trained properly.
I had one pair from specsavers which were awful and then I got a pair from Boots three months ago.They said my prescription (from specsavers) was totally wrong and it changed quite a bit and I got new glasses, however, they are not perfect either although def better than the others.
I am going to go to a good old indepednant optician next time because I think they are actual opticians rather than optical assistants. When I took my glasse back to specsavers and said I couldnt see they were far from understanding

coochybottom Mon 20-Oct-08 14:51:16

My DH had this problem too with glasses from Specsavers. He took them back and when they checked they hadnt made them up properly and had to re do them.

ShosheTheGhoshe Mon 20-Oct-08 15:49:18

I have phoned them and they say they sound like they need to be readjusted, trouble is I cant get back till Saturday

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now