Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Double period

(2 Posts)
bosch Mon 20-Oct-08 14:22:21

I have two distinct periods for every period - for example, this period started on Tuesday and appeared to finish on Saturday night. Today, more than 24 hours later, it's started again - much, much lighter, but a definite period.

Had investigations three years ago which confirmed that everything seemed to be OK - I was concerned that it might stop me from conceiving. Investigations stopped when I fell pg and although early m/c, I went on to have ds3.

Wondering if anyone else has/had this double period thing and found a cause?

maviscrewit Mon 20-Oct-08 14:31:34

My periods always go for three days then stop for a day. Then I have a small heavy bleed and two days of light bleeding. I've never really thought it was odd because its always been like that. I did have fertility problems due to blocked tubes but have still managed two natural pregnancies despite being told I would need IVF. I don't think its necessarily anything wrong, just everyone's bodies are different. I think if the bleeding stopped for a few days and then started again I would be more inclined to get checked out.

HTH

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: