Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Feel good factor/Kick Start required HELP....

(7 Posts)
chocolatemummy Mon 20-Oct-08 14:12:23

Right so I have been ill for almost 2 weeks now, a lot better than I was but still feel and look pretty crap, my skin is pale and patchy and my hair seems thin.
I have been a bit overweight for a couple of years- lets say I need to lose about 1.5-2 stone?
Can I please have some tips and support from any like minded/experienced people to get me feeling better.
Cooking tips?
Skin tips?
Hair tips?

chocolatemummy Mon 20-Oct-08 14:38:04

bump

Tillyscoutsmum Mon 20-Oct-08 14:41:45

Glad you're feeling better...

A few tips:-

Drink lots of water (at least 6 glasses a day). It is dull and I do find it difficult, but it really helps skin and tiredness levels.

Eat little and often. Make sure you have 3 meals a day and don't skip brekkie

Try and get your 5 fruit & veg a day

Watch your portion sizes. I've recently started weight watchers and I can't believe how small the portions are compared to what I used to eat. I have been losing weight but I have not been hungry at all

Take a multi vit supplement - Berocca is good

Exercise - 30 mins at least 4 times a week as a minimum.

Get a decent exfoliater and use it on both body and face 2-3 times per week. Sea salt crystals are very cheap and effective for body.

chocolatemummy Mon 20-Oct-08 14:56:31

thanks I am really trying to eat more veg now, I actually really like veg its just I got into the habit of eating the same things all the time, easy and quick meals and I definately dont drink enough water.
I have been doing the exfoliater stuff and my skin on my body is getting better but my face is so pale and old looking all of a sudden

Tillyscoutsmum Mon 20-Oct-08 15:09:37

Could be a little bit anaemic ? Eat lots of iron rich food and get the multi vit and mineral, just in case (can't do any harm !)

Drinking more water is the thing that probably make the most difference with me. I have a 2 litre bottle in the fridge and make sure I get through that every day (its much nicer cold)

chocolatemummy Mon 20-Oct-08 15:31:29

thats a good idea, it makes it more visible. yeah i have been aneamic on and off all my life, best i was , was when I was pregnant because my cravings was citrus fruit, I ate whole punnets of peaches and nectarines everyday lol

funkypumpkin Tue 21-Oct-08 11:03:34

Water
Fresh air try and walk every where,does make a difference.
Plenty of fruit and veg
I also have one square of chocolate a day so that I dont feel like I am missing out.
Multi vitamin
Cleanse tone moisturise every day then twice a week exfoliate and put a face mask on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now