Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Dental type people - Please come tell Flame what will be done!

(9 Posts)
Flamesparrow Mon 20-Oct-08 13:29:48

One of my back teeth fell apart over the weekend - there is very little left (it was mainly filling anyway iyswim).

I saw the dentist this morning (and I just remembered I left without paying shockblush - trying to phone them now!!), and have an appointment for tomorrow afternoon.

She says she will "do her best and try and take it out". hmm

If she can't take it out due to lack of anything to grab hold of, am I right in assuming I will need to go somewhere (hospital?) for it to be cut out?

Flamesparrow Mon 20-Oct-08 13:48:30

WhereWolfTheWildThingsWere Mon 20-Oct-08 13:52:30

I had a tooth removed recently after years of procrastination, (a filling fell out, then the tooth gradually crumbled, whilst I kept saying I must see the dentist soon).

Anyway there was literally nothing left above the gumline, but my dentist whipped it out in seconds. I was very impressed.

Hopefully yours will be the same, I have no idea how he did it though.....

Flamesparrow Mon 20-Oct-08 13:54:57

Ooh did it hurt?

I broke it originally a few months back, and decided to wait until my checkup came to save emergency fee blush. Then it broke properly and the filling came out on Friday.

It hasn't hurt at all - the only bit that is a bit sore is one wobbly bit that is hangin on in there and rubbing the gum.

Am insanely hoping that if I have no pain NOW then extraction won't be so bad??

policywonk Mon 20-Oct-08 13:56:24

Yup, hospital is next port of call. I had a tooth out in hospital about a month ago (had to be cut out of the gum as I have three roots in my molars and they're all 'hooked' as well - cheers, ancestors!).

It's fine, honest. It's a bit grim for about 24 hours afterwards (can tell you details if you want), but it's a good excuse to laze around for a bit.

WhereWolfTheWildThingsWere Mon 20-Oct-08 13:59:20

Ha, no mine didn't hurt before, but post-extraction hurt like a b**tard. Sorry grin

And I was bfing so could only take paracetamolhmm.

Hurt a lot for three days, and a bit for a week or so.

Good luck. winkgrin

Flamesparrow Mon 20-Oct-08 13:59:43

HOOKED!?!?! shock <shudder>

Someone suggested to me listening to ipod - will they be ok with that?

Flamesparrow Mon 20-Oct-08 14:02:17

Arse. You couldn't have just kept my illusions could ya?

DS has nursery Weds morning, so I can go back to bed. Just hoping she CAN do it tomorrow, and not have to wait longer.

Flamesparrow Mon 20-Oct-08 14:04:33

I didn't have anything to pay today it seems

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now