Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

typhoid imms for 2.8yr old

(4 Posts)
mrspink27 Mon 07-Mar-05 16:11:48

typhoid imms
got to decide whether to have this done... its only an adult dose available.... do i do it or not?? has anyone else had their kids done?

Laylasmum Mon 07-Mar-05 16:15:21

i've given this vacc to loads of young kids with no probs as far as i know. But to be honest does he really need it? I guess iof your going for a week or two to a good hotel and not doing anything out of the ordinary and are sensible about what you eat and drink then the likelihood of any of you picking up typhoid is minimal but thats not to sya, of course, that its non existent!!

mrspink27 Mon 07-Mar-05 16:24:23

thanks laylas mum
we're off to the maldives and our practis(c)e nurse wont give any advice other than to say the government recommend it. shes had the hep a and we need to decide about the typhoid. just giving an adult dose seems to be a bit harsh on a little body.

Laylasmum Mon 07-Mar-05 16:31:35

yes it is advised for all travellers . TBh if it was me i would give it because i would hate for something to happen if i could have helped avoid it but thats just me, you have to decide for yourself!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now