Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

My sleep pattens are all mucked up - any reasons why?

(3 Posts)
KatyMac Sun 19-Oct-08 22:34:56

I sleep in the afternoon & am awake until 12 or 1

Normally i am a 10 pm bedtime girl

Is it the chest infection (so it will go away when I finally get better)?
The antibiotics (so it will go away when I finally stop taking them)?
Or something else?

littlelamb Sun 19-Oct-08 22:40:29

When I go to the doctor about sleep issues (not often anymore, I just live with being an insomniac hmm) the first thing they always talk about is 'sleep hygine' which sounds iffy but is actually about developing a healthy sleep environment- the fact that you're on the pc at 10.30 at night tells me you're not winding down! Stuff like this can kick you back into a good sleep pattern after a it of upset- lavender oil under pillow, milky drink, and just a bit of calm are all things that will work. Make your bedroom really tidy and leave the window open a crack (I am too scared of spiders crawling in to do this often) have a bath in the semi dark and then go to bed. If sleep issues persist though do go to the doctors. A short course of sleeping pills may be all you need to get your sleeping habits back to normal.

KatyMac Sun 19-Oct-08 22:43:23

blushblushJust read the side effects sheet with the Ab's......'disturbed sleep pattens, bad dreams'blush

OK so as you were grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now