Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I got punched in the elbow last night at work. It kills- not broken - im unsure what to do.

(15 Posts)
tiredemma Sat 18-Oct-08 15:36:02

I got punched (really, really hard) last night at work- right on the elbow. I know its not broken but I have pains coming and going all down the inside of my forearm, and occasional 'pins and needle' type feeling.

Its a worth a hospital visit (last thing I want to do)?? Dont want to make a fuss.

YeahBut Sat 18-Oct-08 15:37:32

If it's still painful hours after the incident, I think a bit of medical attention is in order. Do you work in a pub?

MatNanPlus Sat 18-Oct-08 15:38:35

A&E it could be cracked!!

tiredemma Sat 18-Oct-08 15:39:07

No. On a dementia unit (bit like a pub at throwing out time!)

Happened at 4am.

Argh I hate A&E

BetteNoire Sat 18-Oct-08 15:39:23

You need to get it looked at.
I hope you feel better soon. smile

YeahBut Sat 18-Oct-08 15:40:15

Ah, I see. Well, you need to go and get it checked regardless.

thegreatescape Sat 18-Oct-08 15:41:22

hello, i'm a&e nurse. Yes, pop along love, its definately worth having a look at - you would not be considered as making a fuss if you are worried about that, this is a perfectly reasonable concern. Do you work in an a&e department as well??

tiredemma Sat 18-Oct-08 15:42:33

No, not A&E. Im training to be a mental health nurse.

I thought if it was broke I wouldnt be able to move it?

HRHSaintMamazon Sat 18-Oct-08 15:43:13

maybe you have got some swelling which is puttnig pressure on a nerve or something?

cheshirekitty Sun 19-Oct-08 21:23:46

Have it checked out tiredemma. You may have a cracked bone. But you will not know unless you get it checked out.

WobblyPig Sun 19-Oct-08 21:29:55

You may have wacked your ulnar nerve which winds round one of the boney bits of our elbow. Will get better on its own.

janmoomoo Sun 19-Oct-08 21:32:38

I had something which sounds similar. It got better on its own after a few days.

onepieceoflollipop Sun 19-Oct-08 21:34:11

Sorry to hear about this tiredemma. If it's any consolation I got attacked more on a short placement on a dementia ward than anywhere else before or since. (I also got groped more).

Hope it is soon much better.

PumpkinPatty Sun 19-Oct-08 21:34:40

Maybe ring NHS direct? They may be able to give you some advice

tiredemma Sun 19-Oct-08 21:41:58

pain has subsided (massively so!)- must have been a nerve,

thanks all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now