Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Breast lump in ex-b/f mum

(10 Posts)
mummylonglegs Sun 06-Mar-05 21:54:07

My dd's 2.5 and I stopped feeding her when she was 18 months old. I've developed a hard lump behind my right nipple which is about the size of a grape I guess although a bit flatter. It's quite painful to touch and I'm glad to get my bra off by the end of the night. I went to see the practice nurse at the GP surgery last week and she's asked for an appointment for me at the breast clinic, she seemed quite worried and said she'd put it down as an emergency. I've been trying not to panic about it but today I've been feeling quite worried and low about it. I think I thought that cancerous lumps wouldn't be painful but someone I work with told me otherwise.

Does anyone have any knowledge of or experience of this kind of lump? Could it be any kind of blocked duct so long after b/f?

pixiefish Sun 06-Mar-05 22:00:14

have heard of this but not sure where. blocked duct after a long time of stopping bfing. can't remember where but i have heard of it

Merlot Sun 06-Mar-05 22:00:51

How terribly worrying . No experience of this, but hope you get seen asap and they are able to set your mind at rest.

mummylonglegs Sun 06-Mar-05 22:02:07

Thanks. Does anyone know if a cancerous lump is likely to be painless or painful?

debs26 Sun 06-Mar-05 22:02:09

my mum had blocked ducts over 20 years after bf. can turn into infections so it needs checking, but dont worry i always thought cancerous lumps didnt hurt

debs26 Sun 06-Mar-05 22:02:44

i would like to add my mother is fine and still very much alive!!!!!!!

mummylonglegs Sun 06-Mar-05 22:03:40

Thanks debs, that's what I wanted to hear!

debs26 Sun 06-Mar-05 22:17:19

hope all is better soon. glad i was of help

Evs09 Sun 06-Mar-05 22:44:44

I would say painless not at all painful. You would be best advised to get it checked for piece of mind. Best regards

mummylonglegs Mon 07-Mar-05 09:39:49

Thanks Evs. I will get it checked. Just have to wait for the appointment ... It always seems to take an age to get these things properly assessed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now