Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Changes in breast size. Please advise.

(9 Posts)
frightenedsopleasereassureme Fri 17-Oct-08 11:05:39

Someone please advise me because I am very worried. My breasts have always been slightly different sizes, as I believe is normal. In the last week I have noticed that one seems to have got bigger. I asked my husband and he agreed with me. I can't feel any lumps in it but a close family member died of breast cancer a few years ago so I am very worried.

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Fri 17-Oct-08 11:08:20

If you are really worried the only that will stop you worrying is a trip to the gp but changes in breast size is totally normal and could be anything slight weight gain you haven't noticed anywhere else, raging hormones, pregnancy?,cysts.

It is more than likely absolutely nothing at all to worry about.

Cheeseandseveredfingersarnie Fri 17-Oct-08 11:11:01

go to your gp just to put your mind at rest.i had this and went for check turned out its my hormones.if it gets painful i take evening primrose oil but most of time its fine.

go to gpsmile

frightenedsopleasereassureme Fri 17-Oct-08 11:41:33

thank you for the advice. I'll make an appointment to see a female GP for next week. I shall now go back to my normal username smile

anorak Fri 17-Oct-08 11:56:03

Yes please get it checked. I had BC and the first sign I had was a change in shape. This happened long before I could feel the lump. I wish I'd had it checked at that early stage then perhaps I wouldn't have needed a mastectomy and 5 months of chemo. Don't be afraid. If it's cancer, early intervention is the key.

Cheeseandseveredfingersarnie Fri 17-Oct-08 13:46:33

anorakgrinall clear now?

Cheeseandseveredfingersarnie Fri 17-Oct-08 13:47:12

shit didnt mean grin i ment sad omg!sorry wrong icon.so so sorry.blush

anorak Fri 17-Oct-08 18:54:45

Don't worry Cheese grin. Yes all ok now as far as is known smile

Cheeseandseveredfingersarnie Sat 18-Oct-08 11:33:07

sorry i felt awful.glad all clear now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now