Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Horrible invasive treatments ; colposcopies

(5 Posts)
sarah876 Fri 17-Oct-08 10:47:35

Went to the hospital yesterday as i've got moderate abnormal cervical cells.As much as i don't want it to be worse then it is i have a really bad feeling. I had a leep 11 yrs ago and that seemed to do the trick been fine until now. Get to the hospital, had to have a biospy instead this time....shock my goodness was i scared ...it really hurt...i knew my cervix was dodgy, could feel lumps on it and when i looked at screen could see that about 3/4 of my cevix was abnormal plus a lump at 12 oclock and six oclockthe same areas he took the biopsies from.i've got to wait 2/3 weeks now, thought it would be done and dusted yesterday. Having my tonsils out next week aswell...everything seems crappie. anyway else had simular experience and what was the outcome?

VASTlargeginandbloodymary Fri 17-Oct-08 10:50:56

I have had a Colposcopy and a loop excision for abnormal cells.

All was fine, the biopsy came back negative.

Your cervix can have damage from childbirth, this can cause scarring and look quite bad as it is normally such a smooth shape. Think of when you bite your mouth inside by accident, the lump looks terrible.

It could just be scaring from that, try not worry. Fingers crossed for you smile

sarah876 Fri 17-Oct-08 10:55:07

aww thankyou...its the waiting that drives you nuts, just feeling soz for myself.sad

pumpkinscantdancethetango Fri 17-Oct-08 10:58:37

no advice sorry, but sympathy have had lots of gynae treatments/probs recently and its not nice.

sarah876 Fri 17-Oct-08 11:00:18

getting older is crap...lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now