Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

QUICK. kidney/uti help

(10 Posts)
DevilishDisasterArea Thu 16-Oct-08 16:58:11

am waiting for dr to ring me back to 'triage' me. have left side back pain. low down tummy pain. frequency weeing. bit hot and coldish and sicky. and generally feel a bit weird.
also as am nursey have own stash of dipsticks so have dipped and have blood in urine. no leucocytes or nitrites.
do i admit to dr that i have dipped wee?
what is he going to do with me?

overthemill Thu 16-Oct-08 16:59:51

yes tell him, surely more info is helpful? i think you need a/b's though don't you?
hope you feel better soon

Bleedodgy Thu 16-Oct-08 17:00:05

Yes tell him you dipped. He'll probably prescribe you antibiotics I would have thought.

DevilishDisasterArea Thu 16-Oct-08 17:02:02

but now it is gone bloody five and the bloody chemist will be closed and i really don't feel very well.

PortAndDemon Thu 16-Oct-08 17:02:45

Probably redip you (unless you tell him and he decides to take that as read) and prescribe you antibiotics. Are you pregnant or breastfeeding? If so that will affect which ones he prescribes. Probably won't do anything much else at this stage, but if kidney pain gets worse there are other drugs that may end up getting prescribed. IME even with kidney pain the standard UTI-type antibiotics clear it up quickly (except my first UTI, where I ended up in a French hospital for three days on a combination of exciting drugs, but then I also had kidney stones that time).

PortAndDemon Thu 16-Oct-08 17:04:19

Ask him to tell you where the nearest open-late chemist is; there ought to be one (many areas it's done on a rota, I think) and he ought to know where it is or how to find out.

Bleedodgy Thu 16-Oct-08 17:05:26

Tesc o or Asda sometimes have a chemist in that opens until around 7pm if you have either near you.

nailpolish Thu 16-Oct-08 17:07:59

there will be a late night chemist near you

nhs direct have details of chemists

DevilishDisasterArea Thu 16-Oct-08 17:09:00

not pg or feeding. nearest supermarket chemist about 12 miles away. am going to bed

sarah876 Fri 17-Oct-08 10:51:05

Hope your ok...it sounds like a kidney infection...your symptoms were the same as my stepdaughter....week of antibiotics she was ine...fingers crossed x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: