Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Don't feel well at all, is there some sort of bug going around?

(18 Posts)
pucca Wed 15-Oct-08 19:23:37

I have had the runs really bad all day, although no vomiting yet, are there any bugs at the moment? my ds has recently had a vomiting and diahorra (sp?) bug, so it may be i have caught that but i haven't been sick yet, do you normally get the runs first?

I feel awful, and haven't eaten anything all day. sad

S1ur Wed 15-Oct-08 19:25:27

Not heard anything in rl, but a couple of posters on here were something along those lines...

sorry you feel crappy.

pucca Wed 15-Oct-08 20:06:27

Thanks Slur, anyone else?

Should i be expecting vomiting?

bran Wed 15-Oct-08 20:08:35

If you have what I had then you will be throwing up between mid-night and 3am. Are you doing evil-smelling burps? DS has only just stopped saying that my breath smells like poo (since Monday).

pucca Wed 15-Oct-08 23:43:10

Yes my breath is "off", sicky breath...nice. Have had horrible heartburn too. Quite surprised i haven't been sick yet, feel like i have morning sickness.

I just want it to hurry up and get out of my system, feel awful.

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Wed 15-Oct-08 23:44:32

me, dh, my nana, dd1 and dd2 have all had d and v and my neice is just getting over a really bad flu.

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Wed 15-Oct-08 23:45:45

I was sick first dh had the runs the first. dd1 only had the dirroreah and dd2 was only sick. DH and my nan has it worst and were both really ill for about two days.

TrinityLovesHerVampireRhino Wed 15-Oct-08 23:45:56

I had this
lots of runs
felt very sicky, bad breath, not at all well
very tired

no vomiting whatsoever

hope you feel better soon

I felt really rough fo two days and then had the runs for another 2 to 3 days but felt mmuch better

pucca Wed 15-Oct-08 23:49:24

The thing is, i am doing placement in a school for my TA course, and i missed last week because ds was ill with this bug (he had it for 4 days) and now i have it, they are going to be impressed with me phoning in again. sad

Don't want to eat anything, at all. Just feel really woozy and sickly.

pucca Wed 15-Oct-08 23:52:28

God i also hope i can "make it" taking dd to school and ds to playgroup in the morning, that should be fun.

Should i take some immodium? or are you not supposed to take them when its a bug?

misi Thu 16-Oct-08 00:06:48

yes, quite a bit going round of the S and/or D variety. my son had it, kindly passed it on to me, but I know of people in different parts of the country with similar symptoms, sales of a certain herb that stops the S & D quickly have gone through the roof apparently!!

lisad123 Thu 16-Oct-08 00:08:43

i had a bug last week
runs, then shattered with headache, then sore thoart and finally aching everywhere. feel better soon.
if you have had runs, most schools have 24 or 48 clearance policy, so best not to go in. hth

TrinityLovesHerVampireRhino Thu 16-Oct-08 09:38:20

how are you feeling tday?

doc said to me that with a bug its best to wait 24 hrs before you take immodium to give your body a chance to get the bug out

stufftodo Thu 16-Oct-08 09:58:53

Message withdrawn

J2O Thu 16-Oct-08 10:08:19

yep dd2 has had it for over 2 weeks, and very kindly passed it on to 30 party guests, inc me and dd1. some people seem to get it worse than others, suppose it depends on their immune system, i didn't have the sickness but had everything else.

misi Thu 16-Oct-08 13:43:34

www.herbsforhealthyliving.co.uk/commonly_used_herbs/tormentil.html

stufftodo Thu 16-Oct-08 14:06:49

Message withdrawn

misi Thu 16-Oct-08 17:02:06

yes, as it coats the stomach, it pastes the bug onto the stomach walls.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: