Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

My bladder has just stopped working!!!

(14 Posts)
Bladdered Wed 15-Oct-08 10:34:44

I have, as is probably obvious name-changed as its a tad embarrassing blush.

I was just getting a snack for DD in the kitchen...I suddenly had the urge to pee, and turned to go the toilet quick smart as it was sudden and urgent, and when I held my muscles in, nothing happened, so pulling in.

It was just like I stood there and wet myself. Well that is pretty much what happened. My muscles kicked in half way through.

What on earth just happened? I have never had bladder fail to work. I have always had a weak bladder, but that is in that it gets full quite quickly, I have never not been able to work my muscles before. Even with DD, I had no incontinence in pregnancy or afterwards, did my exercises, always have as I have a weak bladder.

I had no warning, it has not been gradual and I have been to the toilet fine this morning.

blush.

Bladdered Wed 15-Oct-08 10:52:33

Does no-one have an opinion on this?

Am I just getting old I am only 31 ffs sad

FioFio Wed 15-Oct-08 10:53:27

Message withdrawn

ScareyBitchFeast Wed 15-Oct-08 10:54:58

shock not to me shock well not much wink
get to gp,s i would think, how's your muscles now?
couldyou have an infection?

Carmenere Wed 15-Oct-08 10:55:00

I think you should go to the GP as you have had no experience of post natal incontinence.

Bladdered Wed 15-Oct-08 10:56:15

shock but I do, regularly, have always done even before pregnant with DD.

I am mortified. What if it happens at work?

Its not like i could only hold it a little bit, NOTHING happened, no sensation of holding in with a dribble.

Even my dd ageds 2 has not weed herself yet this morning blush

sagacious Wed 15-Oct-08 10:56:53

kegels?

Bladdered Wed 15-Oct-08 10:59:21

I do - as in I do pevlic floor exercises - not I do wee regularly = x-posted with others!

AN infection? like Urine infection - but I have no pain or anything else.

Scarey - not wee'd myself again, if that is what you mean wink. So far, seems ok...but has not been long so doubt bladder is full yet.

Carmenere - to be honest, if at all, my bladder control seemed to improve when pg and post baby. Midwife said probably had slightly off bladder position and pg shifted it into a better one grin.

Carmenere Wed 15-Oct-08 11:05:10

I don't want to be alarmist but there is a very vague chance that it might be neurological.

Bladdered Wed 15-Oct-08 11:06:36

What does that mean? I am going mad?

Ah.....as in brain not working so good? Could it be a result of sleep deprivation then? hmm Just a thought....

Carmenere Wed 15-Oct-08 11:11:07

I don't know but it might just be that the brain signal didn't reach the bladder iyswim. Just do go to the GP and tell him/her what you told us.

lulabellarama Wed 15-Oct-08 11:11:26

Good very easily be a bladder/urine infection. I've had them in the past where my control becomes very erratic.

Other than that I would probably put it down to sleep deprivation or a one off.

Try not to worry.

Bladdered Wed 15-Oct-08 11:15:36

Carmenere - don't worry I am not all panicky...yet. I had not considered that it could be anything other than the demise of my dignity!

I am practising my muscle exercises right this second, and I can feel them pulling, so its not like they have stopped for good.

I shall see how it goes today and if it happens again I shall go to the Gp tomorrow before work!

Thanks all...smile

Bladdered Wed 15-Oct-08 11:16:11

Thanks Lula - I hope it is a one off!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now