Talk

Advanced search

My bladder has just stopped working!!!

(14 Posts)
Bladdered Wed 15-Oct-08 10:34:44

I have, as is probably obvious name-changed as its a tad embarrassing blush.

I was just getting a snack for DD in the kitchen...I suddenly had the urge to pee, and turned to go the toilet quick smart as it was sudden and urgent, and when I held my muscles in, nothing happened, so pulling in.

It was just like I stood there and wet myself. Well that is pretty much what happened. My muscles kicked in half way through.

What on earth just happened? I have never had bladder fail to work. I have always had a weak bladder, but that is in that it gets full quite quickly, I have never not been able to work my muscles before. Even with DD, I had no incontinence in pregnancy or afterwards, did my exercises, always have as I have a weak bladder.

I had no warning, it has not been gradual and I have been to the toilet fine this morning.

blush.

Bladdered Wed 15-Oct-08 10:52:33

Does no-one have an opinion on this?

Am I just getting old I am only 31 ffs sad

FioFio Wed 15-Oct-08 10:53:27

Message withdrawn

ScareyBitchFeast Wed 15-Oct-08 10:54:58

shock not to me shock well not much wink
get to gp,s i would think, how's your muscles now?
couldyou have an infection?

Carmenere Wed 15-Oct-08 10:55:00

I think you should go to the GP as you have had no experience of post natal incontinence.

Bladdered Wed 15-Oct-08 10:56:15

shock but I do, regularly, have always done even before pregnant with DD.

I am mortified. What if it happens at work?

Its not like i could only hold it a little bit, NOTHING happened, no sensation of holding in with a dribble.

Even my dd ageds 2 has not weed herself yet this morning blush

sagacious Wed 15-Oct-08 10:56:53

kegels?

Bladdered Wed 15-Oct-08 10:59:21

I do - as in I do pevlic floor exercises - not I do wee regularly = x-posted with others!

AN infection? like Urine infection - but I have no pain or anything else.

Scarey - not wee'd myself again, if that is what you mean wink. So far, seems ok...but has not been long so doubt bladder is full yet.

Carmenere - to be honest, if at all, my bladder control seemed to improve when pg and post baby. Midwife said probably had slightly off bladder position and pg shifted it into a better one grin.

Carmenere Wed 15-Oct-08 11:05:10

I don't want to be alarmist but there is a very vague chance that it might be neurological.

Bladdered Wed 15-Oct-08 11:06:36

What does that mean? I am going mad?

Ah.....as in brain not working so good? Could it be a result of sleep deprivation then? hmm Just a thought....

Carmenere Wed 15-Oct-08 11:11:07

I don't know but it might just be that the brain signal didn't reach the bladder iyswim. Just do go to the GP and tell him/her what you told us.

lulabellarama Wed 15-Oct-08 11:11:26

Good very easily be a bladder/urine infection. I've had them in the past where my control becomes very erratic.

Other than that I would probably put it down to sleep deprivation or a one off.

Try not to worry.

Bladdered Wed 15-Oct-08 11:15:36

Carmenere - don't worry I am not all panicky...yet. I had not considered that it could be anything other than the demise of my dignity!

I am practising my muscle exercises right this second, and I can feel them pulling, so its not like they have stopped for good.

I shall see how it goes today and if it happens again I shall go to the Gp tomorrow before work!

Thanks all...smile

Bladdered Wed 15-Oct-08 11:16:11

Thanks Lula - I hope it is a one off!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: