Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Impetigo - can a child be a carrier but not ever have had it?

(7 Posts)
BernieBear Tue 14-Oct-08 16:33:20

A family member has very bad impetigo and is convinced my ds (4) has given it to her. He has never had it and certainly does not have any signs of having it at the moment.

She still seems convinced that he is a "carrier". Does anyone know if this is possible? I am not at all convinced that he has passed it on, but she seems to think that as he has started school this year it is him.

Help, before this turns into a formal family feud!

OhYouBadBadKitten Tue 14-Oct-08 16:44:49

well I suppose he might but its very hmm of your family member to go around accusing you son of harbouring invisible symptomless diseases. perhaps your family member should learn to wash her hands properly instead.
(badkitten tres grumpy today)

BernieBear Tue 14-Oct-08 16:58:10

thank you badkitten, I too am somewhat grumpy today too.....funny that!!!!

OhYouBadBadKitten Tue 14-Oct-08 17:53:28

jolly good - we can stamp about together spreading grumpiness wherever we tread!

McDreamy Tue 14-Oct-08 17:58:48

No you can't be a carrier of impetigo, you develop it. You can be a carrier of the bacteria that causes impetigo but it's a common bacteria that many of us carry. (staphylococcal or streptococcal bacteria). Commonly found in the nose. Chances are she infected herself.

BernieBear Tue 14-Oct-08 20:17:00

Thank you McDreamy - will pass that on with much bravado - am extremely pe'ed off about it!

anyfucker Tue 14-Oct-08 20:20:49

she is a loon

ignore her

or better still, put her right

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: