Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Dreams of dying- please someone reassure me.

(4 Posts)
samsmam Tue 14-Oct-08 15:40:36

I have had a terrible day keep thinking about my sleep last night. Basically I looked at the clock at 12.10am and must have for a split second shut my eyes to sleep again then I heard dd1 get out of bed I looked at the clock again and it was 12.10am still. I thought I was on the edge of death and just came back to make sure my DD1 was ok. I then got DD1 one back in to bed and I laid next to her, as I shut my eyes I felt the same thing happen again. So then I was wide awake, checking I was still breathing and stuff.
Is this weird, I am so worried about sleeping now. I keep panicking there is something wrong with my health now.

Do I just need to get a grip?
hmm

coochybottom Tue 14-Oct-08 15:55:25

OH, I have had this. It is usually when I have a bad cold and cant breathe properly. As I am dropping off I get a sudden jolt which wakes me. I then start getting really anxious and feel sort of claustrophobic. I have been known to go for a walk in the night to try and calm myself and get some air. I think it is also worse if I have been stuck inside all day.

samsmam Tue 14-Oct-08 17:34:48

I have been stuck in for two whole days now- perhaps I will go for a walk when DP gets in from work.

coochybottom Tue 14-Oct-08 19:19:23

Sounds like it could be cabin fever. I think it is worse now the nights are drawing in. I have just been for a walk as I have been in all day too apart to take/collect DCs from school. Let me know if it helps. Hope it does!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now