Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I don't know whether to bother the doctor - change in my breasts

(5 Posts)
lumpsdumps Tue 14-Oct-08 14:51:18

In the last week I have noticed a change in both of my breasts with the areola looking darker and I have several other bits of dark patches going towards my armpits, is this a normal thing to happen?

DeJaVous Tue 14-Oct-08 14:52:53

It's not something I've heard of (but that doesn't say a lot), IMO it's always well worth having these things checked.

LilRedWG Tue 14-Oct-08 14:53:45

Always worth having any change in your breasts checked out. You will not be bothering your doctor at all.

lumpsdumps Tue 14-Oct-08 14:56:01

I'm terrible about going to the doctors, always think I can put it off for as long as possible! The hubby thinks I need to go as well as he's never seen them look like they are at the moment and he's quite concerned.

coochybottom Tue 14-Oct-08 14:59:30

If it was only on one breast I think it might be more suspicious. I am scared of going to the docs too and convince myself I have got something really bad. Take the plunge and show the doc. Chances are it wont be too much to worry about and you will feel a whole lot better IME. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now