Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Cough and blood stained phlegm (sorry tmi)

(5 Posts)
barcoder Tue 14-Oct-08 04:53:19

I'm currently 23 weeks pregnant, with my last pregnancy I suffered with catarrh in the first trimester.
This pregnancy it hasn't disappeared yet. Plus, I caught a cold approx a fortnight ago and my remaining sympton is the phlegm (and cough) I keep finding it brown or bloody.
Will this clear up on its own, is it just a just a remaining sympton of my cold?
help appreciated, I tried to google my symptoms and wished I hadn't.

beeper Tue 14-Oct-08 16:59:07

You need to go to the drs asap as it could be TB. not trying to scare you.

beeper Tue 14-Oct-08 17:00:40

P.s.

I had the flu at 3 months pregnant, I had very bad morning sickness, lots of vomiting, and a very bad cough and never coughed up blood. Hope you are ok

oxcat1 Tue 14-Oct-08 17:34:49

I think you should go to the doctors. It is not unusual for me to cough up blood but it usually means an infection and once pneumonia. Don't panic, but do get it seen to.

Elibean Tue 14-Oct-08 17:38:19

Its very likely you have some little blood vessels that burst when you coughed hard - all things bloody seem to be more so when pg. But I agree with the others, get to a doctor - no one else can reassure you properly and you should get your chest listened to just in case its an infection!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now