Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What on earth is wrong with me - I've been ill for 10 days now which isn't like me at all

(4 Posts)
SixSpotBonfire Mon 13-Oct-08 22:38:59

Started ten days ago - woke up with very sore throat during the Friday night. Didn't feel too bad on Saturday but was dosed to the max with Nurofen Slow Release as I had also hurt my back cleaning the shower (there's a moral there, isn't there)?

Felt very ill on Sunday night so didn't go to work on Monday. Have been back to work since then but - a week later now - I still feel terrible. I just don't feel like myself at all. It's like a bad hangover that never lifts. My chest is so sore with coughing and when I start coughing I basically have to cough until my stomach turns before the tickle goes away. My head and my eyes are so sore with all the coughing too. I just don't seem to be getting any better and I am finding it very hard to cope with work and the DSs. DS3 has been ill too and now DS1 is lying upstairs coughing his guts up. What is the matter with me? I don't smoke by the way, stopped for good five years ago.

Elibean Mon 13-Oct-08 22:41:24

I would guess a nasty cold, but if you are running a temperature, or coughing up green gunk, or feeling worse and worse - get thee to the GP asap. You might have a chest infection.

dh (never ill) is currently on second course of ABs with nasty cough after slight snotty cold: there are some mean viruses around, and I hate to tell you this but ten days is not unusual for coughs. Still needs checking, IMO, though.

SixSpotBonfire Mon 13-Oct-08 22:48:19

I'm not wheezing which (iirc) means it's not a chest infection. I am coughing up some disgusting gunk though.

Poor DS1 is still hacking away up there.

tink123 Tue 14-Oct-08 08:14:29

dd has just got rid of terrible cold. took 2.5 weeks for it to go

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now