Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

My neck really really hurts

(8 Posts)
saltire Mon 13-Oct-08 12:50:06

It is mainly on the left side, from my shoulder blade right up to my ear, and less so on the right side. It hurts to turn it, put it down on ym chest, look up, or even walking is hurting it. Am currently alternating ice and heat.

FioFio Mon 13-Oct-08 12:51:32

Message withdrawn

cocoleBOO Mon 13-Oct-08 12:51:55

Hsve you taken any painkillers? Ibruprofen might help. Syndol is very good because it has a muscle relaxant in it but it can make you sleepy.

saltire Mon 13-Oct-08 12:55:52

Fio - I don't think so, it came on suddenly yesterday afternoon. I ahd a hellish night last though, every time I turned over it woke me up.

Coco - I have syndol for tonight, and have jsut taken some Ibuprofen, and am hoping to persuade DS2 who has a "sore tummy" and got send home form school, to go to bed and lie down with me

GordonTheGhoul Mon 13-Oct-08 12:57:10

Only thing I can suggest is getting an appt with a chiropractor. They're fab.

Carmenere Mon 13-Oct-08 12:57:37

I get this sometimes and unfortunately, even though dp is an osteopath, often the best thing is ibuprofen and rest. Feel for you though, it is horrible.

Carmenere Mon 13-Oct-08 12:58:21

If it is inflamed (ie if it feels hot), manipulation won't help.

saltire Mon 13-Oct-08 15:31:56

I've been for a lie down - with DS2 who is "ill"hmm. I didn't get comfy though and had to get up again. I am holding my head to the side, why does everyone do that when tehir neck is sore becasue it's not actually helping?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now