Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

periods?

(18 Posts)
charleepeters Fri 04-Mar-05 18:47:20

when was your first period after your baby was born?

HunkerMunker Fri 04-Mar-05 18:48:09

Six months and three days. I was breastfeeding exclusively still.

fostermum Fri 04-Mar-05 18:49:07

had one for 6 months after you where born daughter dear lol

charleepeters Fri 04-Mar-05 18:51:50

good was worrying havent had one yet cheers mum!

HappyMumof2 Fri 04-Mar-05 18:52:18

Message withdrawn

HunkerMunker Fri 04-Mar-05 18:52:31

How old's your baby, CP?

charleepeters Fri 04-Mar-05 18:55:23

6 motnhs had depro 2 months after he was born hadnt finished bleeding from birth only had one derpo because of bleeding for whole 3 month course. any way bleeding stopped 3 weeks after injection wore off but started last night now stopped again im getting worried please lok at my other thread for more details if you have any suggestions

HunkerMunker Fri 04-Mar-05 18:57:17

Could be your period - but I know when I was taking provera orally, I had odd things happen with my cycle (bled for a month)! Can you make an appointment to see your GP?

charleepeters Fri 04-Mar-05 19:01:00

yeah the thing is i may be being stupid but i have had many illnesses through my life and i have been a regular visitor at the docs for ages and i get the impression they dont take me seriously any more, anyway i went to g.p 2 1/2 weeks ago and she said it was depro in my sistem still and it would wear off it did but it started and stopped again its really light more of a pinky discharge that an actuall bleed so dont think its a period.

HunkerMunker Fri 04-Mar-05 19:05:47

If there's no pain, it sounds like it's as your GP said, just the drugs getting out of your system. Could you be pregnant?

charleepeters Fri 04-Mar-05 19:07:29

dont see how were currently using condoms and they never seem to have holes or anything unless theres someother way of 'it' escaping! i do have a tendency to burst into tears at every little thing though but i cant see how?????

HunkerMunker Fri 04-Mar-05 19:12:16

It sounds like your hormones are settling after the injections - I was all over the place when I took provera!

charleepeters Fri 04-Mar-05 19:30:36

hopefully my periods will return soona nd i will get back to normal

chipmonkey Fri 04-Mar-05 20:13:08

When I went back to work, even though I was expressing. Think it might have been because of not feeding on demand any more

Newyearmum Fri 04-Mar-05 20:38:52

Ummm... still waiting nearly 8 months on and haven't fully bf for 3 months (still doing 1 feed a day)... hope there's not a problem with me...

charleepeters Sat 05-Mar-05 11:02:29

good imnot the only one but i have never breast fed

charleepeters Sat 05-Mar-05 19:34:12

i havent breast fed is there any mums that havent breast fed that it took longer to come back or could it be thed epro preva injection but that was emnt to wear off end of jan???????

chipmonkey Mon 07-Mar-05 14:45:32

I'd say it was the injection, if it were me I'd wait another month, then check with GP

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now