Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Any thyroid experts please-i`m so scared my hair is falling out

(4 Posts)
fakeblonde Sun 12-Oct-08 16:13:04

I had an episode of thyrotoxocosis a few months ago which seems to have resolved itself.
I feel ok too-no racing heart but still got palpatations.
I apparently have a multinodular goiter which will likely not resolve but doctor is choosing to watch and wait .
Anyway- now i`m well again my hair is falling out.
I`m not imagining it-my hair is my best asset - its down to my bum wavy and blonde-and all real !
If i hear one more person say-"well you`ve got plenty ! " i think i`ll freak.
I`ve cried most days this week brushing my hair because i am pulling out whole lengths of hair 3 foot long-i cant carry on doing this .Its got that i`m too scared to brush it now.
Please reassure me that this is just a delayed reaction or something .
Many thanks x

shinyshoes Sun 12-Oct-08 16:43:14

Shit sad

Does the G.P know that your hair is falling out?

AFAIK this can happen with either a hyPOthyroidism and hyPERthyroidism .

Why is he choosing to wait?

fakeblonde Sun 12-Oct-08 16:48:08

No i haven`t told my gp.
I`ve kinda lost faith in him as he treated me for all sorts over last few years - all app thyroid related in retrospect.
It was the consultant endocrinologist who decided on a watch and wait approach.
I just wondered if my hair would tend to fall out after the episode rather than at the time iykim.
Thanksfor reply

fakeblonde Sun 12-Oct-08 20:37:59

x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: