Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

You Mnetters with mad cycling dh's/dp's - what do they use on their sore groin area?

(11 Posts)
DrNortherner Sun 12-Oct-08 12:27:05

Dh rides for many many hours during the week, he has a sore groin area. Kind of like red sore skin from chaffing I would guess.

He has tried vaseline, canesten and sudocrem all to no avail.

Any reccommendations?

Thanks

Dragonbutter Sun 12-Oct-08 12:33:42

DH says to not wear the shorts twice, no undies under the shorts and maybe have a look at changing saddles.

ohdearwhatamess Sun 12-Oct-08 12:46:27

Change saddle.

DrNortherner Sun 12-Oct-08 16:56:07

He has had various different saddles....he has however been wearing pants, tink this is the problem - his sore bits are where the seams of his pants sit.

bloss Sun 12-Oct-08 17:02:54

Message withdrawn

ohdearwhatamess Sun 12-Oct-08 20:48:16

Dh wears boxer shorts. Has never had any problems (may cycle less though - 12 miles a day only).

IAteDavinaForDinner Sun 12-Oct-08 20:50:05

DP says no undies and get a good pair of cycling shorts "with a chamois insert and a towelling bit at the front" ... feck knows, sounds hideous [vomit]

rempy Sun 12-Oct-08 20:51:45

pants off, clean padded shorts. Very unattractive.

boovs Mon 13-Oct-08 09:18:47

Yes... my DH did Lands End - John 0 groats on his bike earlier this year in six days cycling up to 160 miles a day he used Assos Chamois Cream and can highly recommend it. DH also says no undies and a good pair of cycle shorts with chamois insert.

Tillyscoutsmum Mon 13-Oct-08 09:26:52

Apparently Boudreaux's Butt Cream is the way to go grin Its a US nappy cream which is favoured in the hardcore cycling fraternity (as used by Lance Armstrong) !

No undies and decent cycling shorts are also essential

amazonianwoman Mon 13-Oct-08 22:47:20

Another vote for Assos chamois cream, going commando, clean shorts every day (the best shorts he can afford, I like Pearl Izumi ones) - and maybe a new saddle.

Assos chamois cream while riding, Sudocrem just overnight. And slap LOADS of the stuff on...

I did 600km charity bike ride in 6 days in August, DH did about the same last year. Our bits are/were all still intact grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now