Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Experience of pre-menopause depression.

(18 Posts)
schwotz Sun 12-Oct-08 11:47:09

I think I am getting premenopausal symptoms of depression.
Any good tips for books for with advice welcome. I'll be 44 next Birthday. I have read the symptons online and mine are very much the same. I'd rather not see GP, and look to do some self-help before it gets worse. Thanks.

CindersHasACrystalCauldron Sun 12-Oct-08 12:32:29

sorry Im not much use..but

maybe a health shop would be a good start

i take magnesium and that seems to help,

but Iam a whingy old bat

take care

BodenGroupie Mon 13-Oct-08 21:11:18

Good book called the Change Before the Change -
I consult it for all sorts of perimenopausal stuff!

MorocconOil Mon 13-Oct-08 21:12:44

I've got that book and think it's very good.

schwotz Mon 13-Oct-08 22:51:17

thanks I will have a look for that book.
I do feel better as today has gone on, thanks too cc.

TexasChainKLAWmassacre Tue 14-Oct-08 00:12:13

my skin has changed sad

I'm worried

I will refuse to go on HRT

Will be using aromatherapy, diet and homoeopathy etc

Am 41 so trying not to get too hung up on it as still really want another dc before it's too late

BodenGroupie Tue 14-Oct-08 19:57:52

Tex, I'm using chocolate and wine smile. The best thing for me about perimenopause is that for the first time in 30 years I don't have acne.

TexasChainKLAWmassacre Thu 16-Oct-08 11:03:59

Hi BodenGroupie, My skin is worse just now sad it was only ever like this after I moved to a different area with a different water source.

I'm trying desperately to stick to ph balanced face wash and hair products...

I'm just paranoid that I may be in perimenopause cos I really want another baby before it's too late. But we not even bd atm

Suppose I should resign myself.... sad

Anyway, my normal MN name is within my halloween name btw, Can you spot it? wink

BodenGroupie Thu 16-Oct-08 19:00:35

Not sure I can remember how to bd - married 23 years blush.

Had heard that there's a surge of fertility just before the menopause but don't know if that's a myth. Friend of a friend conceived for the first time at 49 so good luck.

schwotz Fri 17-Oct-08 21:18:47

I suppose you have to have sex and a sex drive still though to be able to do that! hmm

BodenGroupie Fri 17-Oct-08 21:47:25

Schwotz, are you my husband?? He keeps saying that blush.

schwotz Fri 17-Oct-08 21:48:24

well there you go grin

dontfeellikeit Fri 17-Oct-08 22:19:03

Is it just me but I never feel like "doing it" either!blush Cant be bothered, rather sit and read!!!hmm

MorocconOil Fri 17-Oct-08 22:21:12

I'd rather be asleep or on Mumsnet.hmm

schwotz Fri 17-Oct-08 22:22:13

But it doesn't matter if you are still are happy with each other. Some things in a relationship change and then change back.

dontfeellikeit Fri 17-Oct-08 22:39:17

It doesnt bother me, not sure bout DH thou. Been married 19 years and been through some tough times in the past few years. Occasionally[very] I will feel like "it" but couldnt care if I never did again!!shock Thought I might be in the minority??

BodenGroupie Sat 18-Oct-08 17:59:48

DFLI - no you're not! I rarely even think about it - source of great conflict in our house but I think we're not alone talking to RL friends. Not sure I'd even be tempted by George Clooney these days.......well, maybe I would!

schwotz Sat 18-Oct-08 18:37:30

I think the trouble is, you get to feel uncomfortable talking about your relationship with RL friends. Well I do. So I say noting. Nothing about nothing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now