Talk

Advanced search

Contact lenses. My daily ones I've used for years have started to become really uncomfortable soon after I put them in

(12 Posts)
TskullsScreaming Sat 11-Oct-08 20:34:37

I use ordinary Focus Dailies. They feel sticky and blurry and I'm really conscious of them as soon as I put them in these days. I used to only get that feeling after my lenses had been in too long or I was tired.

Help! Has anyone changed to a different daily lens for the same reason and is it hugely better and what did you change to? (there seem a few that are more 'moist'?)

TskullsScreaming Sun 12-Oct-08 08:54:54

needmorecoffee Sun 12-Oct-08 08:59:29

I've been wearing them for 20 years but had patches like this. The optician said that oit was a sign of low grade infection and to get treatment and stop wearing them for a week. So I did.

PavlovtheWitchesCat Sun 12-Oct-08 09:01:37

Have a break for s few days, you probably need a rest from them. My optician advises to take a week's break from contact lenses regularly.

NappiesLaGore Sun 12-Oct-08 09:03:13

yeah i would say it sounds like an infection maybe. you should check it out.

i do you moist dailies, and i find them pretty comfy for a fair old time... can put them in v early and leave in till v late. old ones used to dry up when motorway driving (and not blinking enough), these dont seem to. pricey tho.

Furball Sun 12-Oct-08 09:05:00

I'd see your optician - it maybe (as in my case) you do need the more moist ones.

TskullsScreaming Sun 12-Oct-08 10:52:45

Thanks so much. In fact I only wear them about three times a week anyway.

I do need to have a big check up though as I have a problem with one eye (waiting appt with consultant) and I'm wondering now thinking about it if it could be causing this.

theSuburbanDryad Sun 12-Oct-08 10:59:31

Ask your optician about Acuvue Advance - they're not cheap but they're so much more comfortable!! Make an appointment and go see them, if you're on a contact lens scheme (most opticians do one) you shouldn't have to pay!

fullmoonfiend Sun 12-Oct-08 11:15:54

please, please take a break from them and just get yourself checked at opticians. It is horribly easy to get an infection (I got one and couldn't wear my lenses for 4 months, becuse I didn't spot the warning signs in time)

TskullsScreaming Sun 12-Oct-08 11:19:33

sad Sounds awful fullmoon. What symptoms did you get? Hope you are ok now?

Thanks too Dryad. I will make a note of those and ask.

fullmoonfiend Sun 12-Oct-08 11:24:09

It was gritty eyes, like when you have a cold but for weeks. i was a little sniffy but not ill.
It turns out I was getting tiny wee ulcers on my eyes <<yick>>

TskullsScreaming Sun 12-Oct-08 11:28:00

sad Oooh poor you. Right well, I obviously need to get this sorted properly.

Think I might go to a proper optician too rather that the chaotic Tesco experience I normally settle for.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: