Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Contact lenses. My daily ones I've used for years have started to become really uncomfortable soon after I put them in

(12 Posts)
TskullsScreaming Sat 11-Oct-08 20:34:37

I use ordinary Focus Dailies. They feel sticky and blurry and I'm really conscious of them as soon as I put them in these days. I used to only get that feeling after my lenses had been in too long or I was tired.

Help! Has anyone changed to a different daily lens for the same reason and is it hugely better and what did you change to? (there seem a few that are more 'moist'?)

TskullsScreaming Sun 12-Oct-08 08:54:54

needmorecoffee Sun 12-Oct-08 08:59:29

I've been wearing them for 20 years but had patches like this. The optician said that oit was a sign of low grade infection and to get treatment and stop wearing them for a week. So I did.

PavlovtheWitchesCat Sun 12-Oct-08 09:01:37

Have a break for s few days, you probably need a rest from them. My optician advises to take a week's break from contact lenses regularly.

NappiesLaGore Sun 12-Oct-08 09:03:13

yeah i would say it sounds like an infection maybe. you should check it out.

i do you moist dailies, and i find them pretty comfy for a fair old time... can put them in v early and leave in till v late. old ones used to dry up when motorway driving (and not blinking enough), these dont seem to. pricey tho.

Furball Sun 12-Oct-08 09:05:00

I'd see your optician - it maybe (as in my case) you do need the more moist ones.

TskullsScreaming Sun 12-Oct-08 10:52:45

Thanks so much. In fact I only wear them about three times a week anyway.

I do need to have a big check up though as I have a problem with one eye (waiting appt with consultant) and I'm wondering now thinking about it if it could be causing this.

theSuburbanDryad Sun 12-Oct-08 10:59:31

Ask your optician about Acuvue Advance - they're not cheap but they're so much more comfortable!! Make an appointment and go see them, if you're on a contact lens scheme (most opticians do one) you shouldn't have to pay!

fullmoonfiend Sun 12-Oct-08 11:15:54

please, please take a break from them and just get yourself checked at opticians. It is horribly easy to get an infection (I got one and couldn't wear my lenses for 4 months, becuse I didn't spot the warning signs in time)

TskullsScreaming Sun 12-Oct-08 11:19:33

sad Sounds awful fullmoon. What symptoms did you get? Hope you are ok now?

Thanks too Dryad. I will make a note of those and ask.

fullmoonfiend Sun 12-Oct-08 11:24:09

It was gritty eyes, like when you have a cold but for weeks. i was a little sniffy but not ill.
It turns out I was getting tiny wee ulcers on my eyes <<yick>>

TskullsScreaming Sun 12-Oct-08 11:28:00

sad Oooh poor you. Right well, I obviously need to get this sorted properly.

Think I might go to a proper optician too rather that the chaotic Tesco experience I normally settle for.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now