Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

This is odd, DS2 hasjust come in from the garden, soaking down the front where he has wee'd himself

(8 Posts)
saltire Sat 11-Oct-08 18:43:33

and then he was stripping off in teh kitchen and was doing more, it just seemed to be dribbling out and he couldn't control it!

NotQuiteCockney Sat 11-Oct-08 18:58:49

How old is he?

DS1 (just 7) recently wet himself (he did say he needed to go - just not how urgently), and once he was weeing, he had a really hard time stopping himself.

saltire Sat 11-Oct-08 19:12:31

He is 8years old, well 8.9 actually. He says he didn't even feel like he needed to go, it just happened

countingto10 Sat 11-Oct-08 19:49:33

My DS (8 yr old) came out of school about 6 months ago in different trousers. I asked him what had happened and he just said "I wee'd myself". I mentioned it to my friend who said she had seen the head teacher walking with him and had wondered it that had happened. I couldn't think of a reason only that he wasn't particularly settled in class and maybe left it too late.

He did again when I left him in the car (on our drive) whilst I dropped other DS before going on a club. I asked him why he didn't tell me he wanted to go to the toilet and he said he didn't know !!??

My DS is incredibly anxious so this may have been the reason for his "mishaps" or he just may have left it too late.

BTW I had a friend who, when we were 14 yrs old, laughed so much she wee'd herself big time not just stress incontinence. She was absolutely mortified !

PigeonPie Sat 11-Oct-08 19:52:49

My DNephew age 10 did this a little while ago in assembly at school - poor lad. However he had the presence of mind to look up and suggest that something must have come down from the roof and a lot of his peers appeared to believe him!

It turned out that he had a UTI so it might be worth getting a sample tomorrow and dropping it in at your surgery on Monday morning.

Poor lambs, it must be horrid for them.

artichokes Sat 11-Oct-08 19:54:31

After you kindly did not ignore my thread I have been thinking about this for you (I have urine on the mind today). Could he have a Urinary Tract Infection? Early in this pregnancy I had one and I had no symtoms except I got a little incontinence. I mentioned it to the GP who founf an infection and after antibiotics I had no more probs.

A quick google suggests infections can have the same affect on males.

teenspirit Sat 11-Oct-08 20:01:16

urine infection - does his we smell funny?

saltire Sun 12-Oct-08 10:04:33

Sorry I didn't get back to this thread, I was watching soemthing on tv.
He had another incident before going to bed, but nothing since, certainly no wet bed.
He has been complaining of a sore tummy over the past couple of days, I did actually keep him off on friday, although I wasn't entirely sure he did have pain. it could have been an infection though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now