Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DS no teeth at 13 months, anyone else?

(9 Posts)
Buddhamummy Fri 10-Oct-08 15:00:31

my lovely little sweetie has no teeth and turned one last month. It doesnt stop him eating or having a go at more or less any food we give him. And to be honest im pretty chilled about it and am sure they will come but other people are starting to bug me! oooo no teeth is that normal? type thing, just wondered if anyone else had delayed eruption!!! and is there any homeopathic remedy that could help them along?

thanks

Sycamoretree Fri 10-Oct-08 15:56:04

Ah, my sister's DS is just the same. She's desperate for them to appear, especially as he is her first.

My DS has the top and bottom four at the front, and two molars at the top just poking through, but he is just over 13 months, and all this happened only very recently (his big sister has nearly all of hers by this point!).

There's nothing you can do, but be assured, it's completely normal. Apparently, my sis's DH didn't get any through until after a year, so it might be heriditary.

Is he showing any signs? Dribbling a lot, chomping on hard plastic objects etc?

Buddhamummy Fri 10-Oct-08 16:43:28

hiya, bit of a delay, been enjoying the sunshine in the garden. And funnily enough i spotted for the first time a white point on the upper gum, looked like the incisor position! thanks for comments, yes he is dribbly but has been since 4 months grin. i guess the same as you its hard not to compare to dd who was very text book, and i know its silly but im still suprised by HOW different they have been...

HairyMaclary Fri 10-Oct-08 16:49:03

neither on mine got any till nearly 15 months and they have all come through fairly slowly but with no probs (yet!) DS2 is 16 months and has 4 teeth. DS1 has SN and we see a SN dentist who said it can be hereditary and they don't get concerned until they are much nearer 2.
It never occurred to me to try a homeopathic remedy but it didn't seem to bother either of them!

cikecaka Fri 10-Oct-08 16:56:14

DD1 didnt get teeth until she was 16 months. Out of my 3 bigger DC she has the least trouble with hers and has needed anything done when we visit the dentist for a check-up. DD2 got hers fairly quick and has already had 6 removed. DD1 is 10 now btwgrin

Sycamoretree Fri 10-Oct-08 16:57:11

Ah, yes. I have my jaw on the floor daily when DS does something else so COMPLETELY differently from his sister than I can't quite believe they both came out of me.

Developmentally, physically, emotionally - you name it.

They have the same eyes and the same laugh - that's about it!

And I daren't say it's a boy/girl thing in case I get flamed!

cikecaka Fri 10-Oct-08 16:58:06

Apologies should have checked before I posted, she has never needed anything done

SazzlesA Fri 10-Oct-08 17:04:39

Message withdrawn

Buddhamummy Fri 10-Oct-08 17:05:29

thanks for comments, im sure the teeth are in the post, funny isnt it though, sometimes its that one well meaning remark (see original post)too many that makes you doubt yourself!have a good weekend all x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now