Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

I just feel exhausted (children sleep through, life relatively easy) by early evening

(24 Posts)
Twiglett Thu 09-Oct-08 18:54:26

last night I went to bed at 9 feeling bone-weary exhausted got up at 5.30, meditated went back to sleep and got up at 8.15 ..still feeling exhausted

drank vitamin and mineral drink (Emergen-C) 3 times, ate lots of green leafy salady stuff .. didn't feel normal till about 11.30 and now it's 7 and I'm shattered again

been going on for a while now

wha's going on?

ladytophamhatt Thu 09-Oct-08 18:56:57

glandualar fever?

are they the symptons?

or maybe <whispers> are you PG?

ledodgy Thu 09-Oct-08 18:58:49

Any other symptoms? Thirst, dry skin etc?

NorthernLurker Thu 09-Oct-08 18:58:50

anaemia? Sleep apnoeia?

cq Thu 09-Oct-08 18:58:56

Are you depressed with it? One of the symptoms of depression is constant fatigue, I believe.

GrabShellDude Thu 09-Oct-08 18:59:02

Underactive Thyroid? Any other symptons, i.e. weight-gain, feeling cold, dry skin?

Twiglett Thu 09-Oct-08 19:00:56

no other symptoms.. except odd guts for a few months but pre and pro-biotics seem to be helping that
not pg
not depressed
just bone-weary

Twiglett Thu 09-Oct-08 19:01:27

feel cold (but no heating on yet) and then hot in the middle of the night

NorthernLurker Thu 09-Oct-08 19:05:46

what sort of odd guts and how old are you? Also are you normal, under, or overweight?
Personal questions I know but hey you did ask grin

Twiglett Thu 09-Oct-08 19:09:36

odd guts .. uh ok <warning far too much info coming up> .. well for a couple of months (since turkey hol in aug actually) was having painful cramping then very fast loose motions that actually filled the toilet bowl beyond the water level IYKWIM .. that interspersed with still feeling constipated .. oh and incredibly smelly fartypants

but as I said it seems to be lessening now with the pro and pre-biotics

Twiglett Thu 09-Oct-08 19:10:07

oh I'm 41 and could do with losing a bit but can't be bothered

cq Thu 09-Oct-08 19:23:25

Hmm, have you had a parasite test done? I used to live in Egypt and people there used to get this lovely thing called guardia which produced strange gut symptoms and could often take months to diagnose. And totally wiped you out. Often not picked up here as doctors not used to it, but not uncommon in holidaymakers coming back from those parts.

cq Thu 09-Oct-08 19:26:32

Just to reassure - if it is guardiasis it's easily treatable once diagnosed, just a few vile pills. But don't leave it untreated as they can spread and cause an infestation which leads to other nasty internal damage.

Not sure that reassured actually. blush

Twiglett Thu 09-Oct-08 19:28:39

not been to see gp tbh

and as it's lessening / disappearing is it worth it now?

Megglevache Thu 09-Oct-08 19:30:35

Def. see GP. I was going to suggest anaemia.

shootfromthehip Thu 09-Oct-08 19:46:54

Sounds stupid but I had this problem and have found that eating a really good breakfast has really helped (porridge or equivalent). I came back without anything nasty after several sets of test and consequently have really tried to get some exercise and eat better. I still have the gut issue though. The tiredness and light-headedness is better. Just a thought.

NorthernLurker Thu 09-Oct-08 19:54:04

I think you should see your GP. Foreign travel plus all your symptoms adds up to something needing checked. Write everything down so you don't forget any.

Megglevache Fri 10-Oct-08 13:11:54

Did you go Twiglett?

Twiglett Fri 10-Oct-08 13:40:30

nope blush

haven't even phoned

will do so

cq Fri 10-Oct-08 18:15:33

Didya?

Twiglett Fri 10-Oct-08 19:00:15

errrrr .. got distracted ... so nope blush

what are you? my mother? grin

cq Fri 10-Oct-08 21:13:55

Oh no, something far worse. The voice of your conscience! grin

lilymolly Fri 10-Oct-08 21:17:06

IBS? sounds like typical symptoms to me

princesspeahead Fri 10-Oct-08 21:20:28

twig
take a poo sample to your gp, just drop it off, tell them to give it a full work up (oooh doesn't that sounds lovely)
then ask them to take some blood and check your thyroid function, your iron levels, and for mono (glandular fever).

if it isn't a parasite or nasty bac in your gut, or anaemia, hypothyroidism or glandular fever, then start eating porridge for breakfast grin

I had a gyppy stomach and felt knackered for 2 weeks before I dragged myself to the GP with a poo-filled tube and turned out I had salmonella shock...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: